Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2017 9:51:15 AM EDT
My Trijicon RMR adjustable battery powered red dot (RM07) is mounted on the slide of my S&W M&P 9mm pistol.  I have had it shut off completely and change intensity when firing the pistol.  I have placed apiece of Scotch double sided tape between the battery and the sealing plate but it still shuts off occasionally.  This is not what I expected from a $600 Ruggedized Miniature Reflex sight.

Now Trijicon has introduced a "Type 2" RMR.  The Type 2 has a rubber o-ring that surrounds the battery and an additional contact on the perimeter (positive side) of the battery.  It seems that they have now finally addressed the problem.  

I asked Trijicon if I could have my RMR updated to the Type 2 configuration.  The immediate answer was "NO".  Then I was told if my RMR was returned a second time for the battery problem they would replace the sight with the new Type 2.  When this shooting season is finished mine will be going back for the first return.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 10:34:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Apparently the next version of the Trijicon RMR is addressing this very issue. I had several of them on several handguns and they all had the "winking out" issue and I gave up on them.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 1:51:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Cheap solution to your problem. Your not the only one.
http://www.battlewerx.com/anti-flicker-sealing-plate-for-trijicon-rmr-stainless/
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:21:17 AM EDT
[#3]
For what it's worth I sent my Type 1 RMR (RM07) in with the same issue a few months back. I've since put about 2k rounds through it without a hickup. Don't count out the type 1's just yet.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 2:30:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For what it's worth I sent my Type 1 RMR (RM07) in with the same issue a few months back. I've since put about 2k rounds through it without a hickup. Don't count out the type 1's just yet.
View Quote
What did you do to the RMR to accomplish that?
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:24:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What did you do to the RMR to accomplish that?
View Quote
Sent it in to Trijicon

Then when reinstalling it, I gave it a little love tap with a rubber mallet to really seat the RMR down on the locating studs, then re-tightened the screws. So far so good. *Knocks on wood*
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:57:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Cheap solution to your problem. Your not the only one.
http://www.battlewerx.com/anti-flicker-sealing-plate-for-trijicon-rmr-stainless/
View Quote
In addition to wedging from the bottom using that plate,  or a tape loop.... you can also shim from the side by bending the battery contact slightly (carefully... they're brittle) or putting a sliver of rubber band behind the side contact to ensure its firmly against the battery.

I had one RMR06 that flickered... a loop of electrical tape and a sliver of rubber band and its been fine since.   I do both on all my RMRs now as a precaution.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:20:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This is not what I expected from a $600 Ruggedized Miniature Reflex sight.
View Quote

The RMR (type 1) was never designed to fit on a pistol.

An anti-flicker plate, or a piece of electrical tape between the slide and the battery will solve most problems. Bending the side contact helps as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top