Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2015 4:35:59 PM EDT
I recently picked up a Shield 9mm and an OY6's IWB holster. I was skeptical at first, but I must say the holster is super nice for the money. Does anyone have experience with an OWB holster from OY6D's? How does it compare to a OWB holster from Raven Concealment or Bravo Concealment? TIA!

ETA: They are currently running a sale on their products...
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:47:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I've considered purchasing one of their holsters in the past but never pulled the trigger on it.

I don't have a holster from Bravo Concealment but I do have one of their magazine pouches. Looking at it vs. pictures/videos of the OY6 products it looks like OY6 uses thinner kydex.

Consider the price point though too. Bravo holsters are $65+.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 7:04:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've considered purchasing one of their holsters in the past but never pulled the trigger on it.

I don't have a holster from Bravo Concealment but I do have one of their magazine pouches. Looking at it vs. pictures/videos of the OY6 products it looks like OY6 uses thinner kydex.

Consider the price point though too. Bravo holsters are $65+.
View Quote

I have 2 Raven Concealment holsters and the Kydex is a little thicker then the OY6, just as you suspected. With the sale they are running, I may have to "pull the trigger".
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Man, they just do not look comfortable for IWB at all. The bottom edges around where the kydex has been folded around the muzzle and riveted does not look rounded enough. I guess you get what you pay for, but I'd rather pay more and wait longer for a good product.

Do you carry appendix?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 7:09:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Man, they just do not look comfortable for IWB at all. The bottom edges around where the kydex has been folded around the muzzle and riveted does not look rounded enough. I guess you get what you pay for, but I'd rather pay more and wait longer for a good product.

Do you carry appendix?
View Quote

I carry IWB at around 3-4 o'clock. It's very comfortable; no undershirt needed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:10:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I've owned two.  For the price, they are nice.  However, they aren't very comfortable.  They do protect your gun well though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top