Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2011 6:31:32 AM EDT
I just wanted to share something that amazed me.

Saturday April 23rd I bought a Gen 4 G17. I wanted to use my Surefire X200 light on it. It did not have the right locking bar on it for a Glock. I checked their website for replacement parts. I could not find any of the locking bars. I then called Surefire and of course was put on hold.

Long story short I could not wait on hold because I had to get to work. So I sent a quick e-mail to them with the above information and asked if they would send me a part number so I could order one.

Had not heard back from them. And honestly never expected to.

Today April 29th I recieve an envelope from Surefire. It contains two locking bars for the X200 and Glock. One like what is on it, and one that looks like a quick release.

May not seem like much to some of you, but I am thoroughly impressed. All I use are Surefire lights. Never had aproblem with them, so I have never used their customer service.

It's good to know they are their if you need them.

Terry
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:47:29 AM EDT
[#1]
good stuff i have had nothing but good thing from SF CS
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:29:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Same thing with me but exactly the opposite of what you were asking for. I had my X200 mounted on the bedside G17 and then decided to mount it on a rifle but it was super loose. So I email SF about buying some picatinny locking plates and had them in my mailbox a few days later free of charge. Unfortunately they don't have anymore and I need another one for my last x200.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:34:00 PM EDT
[#3]
That's cool, but I would have thought they'd have emailed you to let you know what they were doing so you didn't think they were ignoring you.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:40:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I always contact Surefire's customer support via the internet.  They always come thought without a problem.

I have quite a few SF lights.  I've had to contact them about broken benzels more than once.  Last time it happened, they told me that I had made several requests, and they may ask for the broken parts on the future.  I replied with a message telling to ask all they want, and gave them serial numbers for the 11 or so SF lights I own.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:35:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Same thing with me but exactly the opposite of what you were asking for. I had my X200 mounted on the bedside G17 and then decided to mount it on a rifle but it was super loose. So I email SF about buying some picatinny locking plates and had them in my mailbox a few days later free of charge. Unfortunately they don't have anymore and I need another one for my last x200.

Does the x200 mount different than the x300 I thought they were the same.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:59:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the invoice I got it says "LEVER LATCH, X200/X300 UNIVERSAL".

I don't have a 300 (yet). But I thought they were the same also.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:00:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That's cool, but I would have thought they'd have emailed you to let you know what they were doing so you didn't think they were ignoring you.

To be honest I liked it better this way. Was kind of a nice surprise.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:14:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the invoice I got it says "LEVER LATCH, X200/X300 UNIVERSAL".

I don't have a 300 (yet). But I thought they were the same also.

My X200's are the earlier 4 screw pattern, not the later 6 screw pattern that is shared with the X300 series.
Top Top