Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2009 1:18:25 PM EDT
Taking my CCW class next week and looking at some self-defense ammo to load all my mags with.  The Hornady TAP has caught my eye and looks to be some pretty decent stuff, though Ive never shot any.

Does anyone know of a place where this can be purchased for a decent price?
I'll be using a Glock 17 for now but plan on buying a Springfield XD40 Compact soon.  Thoughts?
ETA:  My cousin also recommending this.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/product_info.php/pName/50rds-9mm-speer-le-gold-dot-124gr-hp-ammo

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:41:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it just me or has there been a insane amount of TAP/XTP threads?

For a list of great ammo please take a look at the ammo faq at the top of the "handgun" page.  Whether it's on there or not the TAP/XTP is good stuff with superb accuracy.  It may not expand as well as some of the other brands, but it's still good to go.
It's best to compare prices on the web.  I can't remeber where the sweet spot is to find that stuff, but $14-15 a box is a good start.

Hornady has gelatin test on their website.  Take a look to see which one you'd prefer.

Your friend suggested a very good ammo as well.  The Speer Gold dot loads are top notch.  I recommend the 124 GR. +P load, but they're all great loads.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:45:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I see it this way they are having problems with their critical defense line primers being bad or hard. I can't believe they don't use the same primers in the TAP line. I will stick with Ranger, Golddot, and Golden sabre.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:58:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the 115gr Corbon DPX +P round is the best thing going in 9mm for the G17.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top