Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2008 9:36:23 AM EDT
Has anyone uses these? They're sold at wally world for $23.34 per 100 rounds. I'm thinking of stocking some 9mm up and WWB is at 19.99 per 100 rds. So is it better to buy the hollow point since it's only 3 dollars more?
Link Posted: 8/30/2008 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#1]
If you're stocking up for target shooting, JHPs are a waste of money (even though it's only $3).  

If you're stocking up for carry ammo, there's better self defense ammo than the WWB JHPs.
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought up some of the Remington 9mm JHP 100 packs a while back to keep as SHTF / Hurricane Ammo. I read a review on it that said it was actually fairly decent ammo for the cheap price. Not exactly Speer Gold Dots or Win. Ranger but good ammo nonetheless.

I figure $20 / 100 rounds makes decent ammo to stock up on in case of an emergency. I still carry the high quality stuff for everyday use but I keep the bargain stuff in case I ever need alot of JHP's. Granted that day might never come but who knows.
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 8:10:50 PM EDT
[#3]
What weight are they?

If Winchester makes their 147 grain 9mm ammo in 100 rounds packs I think that would be pretty good stocking ammo if the price is around the same.  

Link Posted: 8/31/2008 8:16:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Bass Pro recently had Rem 9 for $8.88/50, limit 500 rounds.  This was a "one day sale", but they had the same thing a couple of weeks before.  Talked the gun counter guy into letting me buy 1,000.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 5:40:26 AM EDT
[#5]
remingtons jhp value pack 100rd boxes are 115gr jhp. Not to bad to stock up on. They do expand comparable to a hydra shock or a standard non bonded hp. They are by no means a ranger t, golden saber, or hst. but they will do better than fmj.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top