Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 6:56:31 PM EDT
Has any one here shot the Federal package XM882 124gr with NATO cross that Ammoman is selling?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:37:34 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Has any one here shot the Federal package XM882 124gr with NATO cross that Ammoman is selling?

Yes, its good stuff, but the price of it has gone up too much for me to buy any more.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#2]
hard to argue with Wes.    It is good stuff, pretty hot.  very reliable, and lately, more expensive.

I have 1k left, and for a few pennies more, can get 124gr gdhp, which is my carry round.  So I buy that.

TXL
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:58:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I've shot a lot of it. Good stuff!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:26:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
hard to argue with Wes.    It is good stuff, pretty hot.  very reliable, and lately, more expensive.

I have 1k left, and for a few pennies more, can get 124gr gdhp, which is my carry round.  So I buy that.

TXL

I picked up 2000 rounds of the stuff when ammoman had it for about $133/K (if you ordered 2K). It worked out to about $6.75 per box or so, for good 124gr FMJ, which was a decent deal at the time. The primers are sealed, and I think the bullet end may be sealed as well. The primers are also crimped, so if you plan on reloading the brass I'd get something else, unless you dont mind swaging or chamfering primer pockets.

FWIW, I have not chronographed the stuff I have, but I've seen numbers putting it at about 1180fps which is a little slow for M882, but its ceratainly at or above the velocity of any 124gr FMJ Win/Rem/Fed load out there.

For plinking, you can do better, but if you plan on stashing a little bit of this away for a rainy day, I'd say its good stuff. I wouldnt buy it for the price ammoman has it at now.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:25:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Just got a 500 round box a few weeks ago.

Price used to be $139 for 500 rounds through end of 2004 at least, now it's $175.  

Outside of box smelled very strong of mustiness, but the inside had no such odor.

As another poster mentioned, I've googled extensively and found a couple people stating it's a bit under the spec for a 9mm NATO round in velocity, and may be why the lot was rejected by the US Military.

The box did have a paper on the inside titled "Ammunition Data Card" stating it was Accepted however, so not sure why it wound up being sold by a surplus ammo dealer.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:11:53 PM EDT
[#6]
actually its not as hot as +p 9mm ammo

Winchester 9MM NATO - Velocity 1185 fps, Energy 387 ft lbs
Winchester USA 9MM – Velocity 1140 fps, Energy 358 ft lbs

so its actually up to you if you the shooter if  it is worth it. to me its not, at the price its at now.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:06:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just got a 500 round box a few weeks ago.

Price used to be $139 for 500 rounds through end of 2004 at least, now it's $175.  

Outside of box smelled very strong of mustiness, but the inside had no such odor.

As another poster mentioned, I've googled extensively and found a couple people stating it's a bit under the spec for a 9mm NATO round in velocity, and may be why the lot was rejected by the US Military.

The box did have a paper on the inside titled "Ammunition Data Card" stating it was Accepted however, so not sure why it wound up being sold by a surplus ammo dealer.

Heck, I used to get it from ombps a about $78 for 500 rds.  Shoulda bought alot more.

TXL
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Winchester 9mm NATO 124 gr. FMJ (Q4318) @ Sportsmans Guide. Got it about 2 weeks ago for $80.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top