Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 1:15:02 AM EDT
Hey guys, I was wondering what you thought of the Polymer stuff in 180 grain 40 S&W.  How's the trajectory and accuracy.  I'm only planning on using this stuff for practic so I'm not concerned with it for defensive situations.  Most importantly of all, all you guys who use Wolf on a regular bases in semi-auto pistols, does the steel cases really damage your extractors.  I've got an H&K USP with an external extractor, should I be concerned?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:37:49 AM EDT
[#1]
My brief foray into .40 involved about 500 rounds of Wolf. I had a Walther P99 that ran with no problems whatsoever. Wolf is somewhat underpowered compared to Speer and other .40 FMJ rounds, but it is fine for practice. I was able to hold the black at 50' on an NRA bullseye target.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#2]
the steel used by wolf is not harded steel like you commonly think of.   I've got at least 2k through my G23 with no problems.  You just can't beat getting practice ammo for 3 bucks cheaper a box than WWB.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:32:25 PM EDT
[#3]
no problems with around 900 rounds out of my g23
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got 2 500rd cases of the polymer stuff and 1 case of the laquered stuff through my XD-40 Tactical without any problems. The accuracy is just fine for me. I'm working on my pistol skills and can't tell a difference between WWB 165's, Remington 180gr HP's, Blazer 180's, Silver Bear 165's (awefully hot, believe it or not) and Wolf 180's for accuracy. They all worked well for me, so I just went the cheapest route.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:01:33 PM EDT
[#5]
i shot ALOT of it through my G22 and G27 when i had them. thats almost all they ever had.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:38:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I have shot a lot of Wolf out of my P245 and P220ST with no problems at all.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:30:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I've got 2 500rd cases of the polymer stuff and 1 case of the laquered stuff through my XD-40 Tactical without any problems. The accuracy is just fine for me. I'm working on my pistol skills and can't tell a difference between WWB 165's, Remington 180gr HP's, Blazer 180's, Silver Bear 165's (awefully hot, believe it or not) and Wolf 180's for accuracy. They all worked well for me, so I just went the cheapest route.

WIZZO

Was the Wolf 180's grain fairly flat shooting?  Who sells the Silver Bear?  It seems like everybody who used to has stopped carrying it for good.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:26:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I mostly plink around our farm, but they seem to do very well out to about 75yds with minimal hold-over. Past that, you start noticing that you have to football pass them in to hit what you're aiming at.

The Silver Bear was bought locally because it was the cheapest the local dealer had on the shelf. He was selling Wolf 180's for $9 a box and the Silver Bear for about $7 or $7.50. I haven't bought it online, nor have I looked for it.

WIZZO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top