Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2005 9:55:12 AM EDT
Just picked up some remington and winchester ammo tonight. Same weight, 180gr, but different bullet 'hollow' part.
Anyone ever play around with this to see which one works better from a short barrel?
Interesting to see, one brand really has a big hole, the other has a tiny hole. I wonder how each expands from a short barrel like in HK P2000. Is there a rule that says it has to be in certain diameter in order for it to expand when shooting from such length of barrel?

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:32:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I personally like 165 grain .40 ammo.  Remington GS or Speer GD's are my first and second choice.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#2]
No handgun ammo can be relied on to expand. Don't ever forget that!

In the hope it will, I go with Researcher's recommendations or even with a 135gr in the little 40.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:58:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I used 165gr Remington Golden Sabers in a police action shooting fired from a Glock 23 (similar barrell length as your H&K). They performed perfectly against windshield glass and expanded after impact. Both rounds did loose their jackets passing through the auto glass though.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't have anything in a .40 but if I did I would go with the 180gr TAP CQ, it's the best performer out of all the TAP pistol ammo and I am a big fan of TAP ammo.

specs:
973fps
total pen 13"
retained weight 178.6gr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top