Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2020 10:04:18 PM EDT
A mate was at the range the other day and was hit by one of the nipples from his revolver.
Turns out it is of an age that they are starting to come loose from the rear of the cylinder...as in, come out at speed when he fires it.
One already hit him in the chest.

Anyone know of firms offering replacement sets?
He says that ideally he'll need the new ones to be a slightly larger pitch or thread to make up for the material lost over time.

Thanks for the replies so far

EDITED
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 10:36:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I recently inherited an original colt army. I got nipples and other parts from S&S.

http://www.ssfirearms.com/

Some of the parts from Numrich didn't fit.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 11:18:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Lots of places.  First one which comes to mind is Dixie Gun Works.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 1:08:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Track of the Wolf. I put Colt into search, if you clear that and just search nipple you'll get 14 pages of nipples and accouterments.

If it's black powder related you can find it there.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:30:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies and information so far

I've edited the main text as I have had a couple of updates
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Try MidwayUK.com... What make is this 1851?? Uberti or other... Try local first. To prevent issues... UN  import laws etc... In the USA I would go to Numrich or Dixie Gun Works etc..
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 12:19:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try MidwayUK.com... What make is this 1851?? Uberti or other... Try local first. To prevent issues... UN  import laws etc... In the USA I would go to Numrich or Dixie Gun Works etc..
View Quote

NOPE

Franchisee of that outfit kicked it to the kerb about FIVE YEARS ago to suck the Brownell teat - he can get bent, as can Brownells

UN Import Laws = never heard of such things - ITAR export, yes, but UN?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top