Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2012 9:43:32 PM EDT
I recently bought a Bar Sto extended barrel for my Glock 21. When I first try to install it I found out it needed a bit of filling on the hood to lock up correctly. I did that and it lock up just right. Then I loaded it with a few dummy rounds and when I went to the second round it didn't let me. The round in the chamber was getting stuck or stopped by the next round. The end part of the chambered round was getting stopped to the starting part of the casing in the next round. Now when I press down on the slide and try this again it ejected the round just fine but when I leave it as it is it got stopped again.

Does any1 know what part of the barrel do I need to file down to get this working. From what I can see the barrel is not rising enough for the round to be lifted for it to be ejected. So should I file the area where it gets into contact to the slide when the slide is being racked or is there another area that needs to be filed. I checked the hood and that's OK. I also checked the leveling on the underlug and that's leveled. So what can it be.
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 11:02:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/29/2012 12:11:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I strongly recommend contacting Bar-Sto and asking them what to do.  One stroke of a file can ruin an expensive barrel.

Calls or emails are a lot cheaper.
Then to, Bar-Sto will fit the barrel for you.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 10:07:54 AM EDT
[#3]
You shouldn't have to file a barrel down to make it work on a Glock.  Something is not right.  Call the Mfg immediately as suggested!
Link Posted: 6/25/2012 7:31:42 AM EDT
[#4]
In building a Glock 23 I had the same issue and I replaced the ejector with the longer version of that model so it would start ejection earlier than the one it had installed... Longer finger,,,,, and took care of my problem also I had installed the extractor with a bur on its and was not grabbing the bullet shell well also filed that and was good to go...
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:05:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Glocks work best when left alone. If you aren't shooting 4 inch groups at 25 yards a Bar Sto barrel isn't gonna make the gun any more accurate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top