Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2007 4:49:20 PM EDT
I just put it on layaway at Gander Mtn. for $299 with tax and 1 year warranty . I was just wondering if I got a good deal . I would say it is in very good condition .   maxx BTW It is stamped Highway Patrolman .  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:18:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Good deal, IMO!  

I paid $225 for mine about 12-15 years ago. A set of rosewood fingergroove grips will offset the blueing nicely, IMO.

If you ever get to shoot .38spl wadcutters out of it, it's like shooting a .22LR...........    
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:28:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats a decent enough price, maxx. The 28 IS the "Highway Patrolman", the name of the gun before they had model numbers. The 28 is a utility version of the N frame .357, without the high polish and other finish features found on the Model 27. It was created because LE wanted the features of the N frame .357 without the price. But it is a great revolver, and should give you a lifetime of servce if you take care of it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 3:43:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Good deal, IMO!  

A set of rosewood fingergroove grips will offset the blueing nicely, IMO.

Yes they do.

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 11:41:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 8:42:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I like 28s so much that they're on my "by at will" list. In fact, I just bought my second.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 2:57:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I like 28s so much that they're on my "by at will" list. In fact, I just bought my second.

Keep an eye out in the EE. The example I illustrated above is going up for sale in the near future.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 3:31:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Keep an eye out in the EE. The example I illustrated above is going up for sale in the near future.

Check IM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top