Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 12:56:09 PM EDT
Freaking hard to release? Is it only designed to be sling shot? It's not that way on the full sized 22.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I think they're all like that when the gun is new. It takes a little bit to break in.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:18:52 AM EDT
[#2]
ALL M&Ps should be sling shooted, it's considered a slide stop NOT a slide release.  You'll find reports of slide stops wearing out prematurely, it's from people Using them as a slide release.  Furthermore on thr 22C, considering the slide is aluminum, I can see where you could damage the slide by using the slide stop as the slide release.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:45:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ALL M&Ps should be sling shooted, it's considered a slide stop NOT a slide release.  You'll find reports of slide stops wearing out prematurely, it's from people Using them as a slide release.  Furthermore on thr 22C, considering the slide is aluminum, I can see where you could damage the slide by using the slide stop as the slide release.
View Quote

Kinda seen this coming. "Don't do that!"
Actually the M&P22C has a steel insert to prevent this very thing.

I think it's important to utilize both methods when you can. Plus it's fun to rustle jimmies by thumbing something that has serrations on the top.

Choose what works best for you, and train with it.

Food for thought:

When you slam a magazine in, and the slide shuts on a speed reload. Wouldn't it be just as bad? I've had a few thousand rounds through my M&P9 and I haven't noticed any slide wear yet.
I think the whole "it's not meant to be used like that" thing is greatly exaggerated.

Different strokes, for different folks. For the centerfire guns just grab a slide stop assembly incase it wears or breaks. Problem solved.
If OP likes to thumb the lever, I respect that. If you like to slingshot, hey man whatever works for you.

IIRC M&P slide stop's are heat treated. They look a heck of a lot sturdier than say a Glock's small slide stop.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:47:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I think it's important to utilize both methods when you can. Plus it's fun to rustle jimmies by thumbing something that has serrations on the top.

Food for thought:

When you slam a magazine in, and the slide shuts on a speed reload. Wouldn't it be just as bad? I've had a few thousand rounds through my M&P9 and I haven't noticed any slide wear yet.
I think the whole "it's not meant to be used like that" thing is greatly exaggerated.

Different strokes, for different folks. For the centerfire guns just grab a slide stop assembly incase it wears or breaks. Problem solved.
If OP likes to thumb the lever, I respect that. If you like to slingshot, hey man whatever works for you.

IIRC M&P slide stop's are heat treated. They look a heck of a lot sturdier than say a Glock's small slide stop.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Food for thought:

If you read the manual for standard M&Ps and the Shield it says to sling shot, M&P 22 compact manual says it's ok to use as a release, however I would still shy away from it.  Glock slide stops don't seem to break nearly close to the rate of the M&P slide stops.  I love M&Ps and would prefer to use the slide stop as a slide release (as I'd previously done on Glocks without issue), however I now train to sling shot.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:11:48 PM EDT
[#5]
As I stated before the full sized M&P 22 made by Walther is easy to release. I was just checking to see if this is normal or a defect for the new compact version made by S&W.
When I say it's hard to release, I mean tear skin hard.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:19:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
As I stated before the full sized M&P 22 made by Walther is easy to release. I was just checking to see if this is normal or a defect for the new compact version made by S&W.
When I say it's hard to release, I mean tear skin hard.
View Quote

When I had a shield it was the same way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top