Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/1/2013 4:43:08 AM EDT
Are there ANY M&P 9mm magazines in stock-anywhere?
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 5:21:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Palmetto state armory has them in store but at $40 price  which is outrageous to me. Get on the email list at a few online stores for $20-$22

seems glock mags are a dime a dozen and im not sure why M&P mags are so hard to find when glock seems to be more popular.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 6:27:47 AM EDT
[#2]
If you're in dire need of mags, 44MAG.com is happily raping the public with $59.99 M&P mags. No wonder they're still in stock.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:02:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you're in dire need of mags, 44MAG.com is happily raping the public with $59.99 M&P mags. No wonder they're still in stock.
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 9:38:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Palmetto state armory has them in store but at $40 price  which is outrageous to me. Get on the email list at a few online stores for $20-$22

seems glock mags are a dime a dozen and im not sure why M&P mags are so hard to find when glock seems to be more popular.
View Quote

Are we talking 9mm M&P Magazines?  Because S&W sells the M&P magazines for $41.82 on their website (OOS at the moment).  Where are you finding them for $20-22 online?  That doesn't seem realistic to me.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 10:44:28 AM EDT
[#5]
MidwayUSA last month for $34.99 ea (limit 2/week)
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 1:49:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Are we talking 9mm M&P Magazines?  Because S&W sells the M&P magazines for $41.82 on their website (OOS at the moment).  Where are you finding them for $20-22 online?  That doesn't seem realistic to me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, 17 round M&P 9mm factory magazines.
They were regularly in the $22-25 range from several online stores last year.
Botach Tactical had them for a little cheaper I believe. I don't order from them due to a bad experience, but that is neither her nor there.

Bud's sold some used ones for around $18 about a month ago.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 2:24:36 PM EDT
[#7]
$40 doesn't seem too bad right now if you can get them. They can be backordered from midway with a good chance of getting them soon. Buds had used police mags for $18 not new. It would be very hard to find them under Midways price right now.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 2:36:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Remember them for 16 bucks.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 7:02:43 PM EDT
[#9]
*sigh*  I came here to see how the mag situation was going. I see it's bad. *sigh*
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 12:21:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 9:01:48 AM EDT
[#11]
http://www.44mag.com/product/m_p_9/smith_and_wesson
They have them for $60 right now.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 1:47:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

They can sit on them.

Or rather put them in a cactus, then sit on that.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 4:49:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Same here...bought a few last year before all the craziness.
Quoted:
Remember them for 16 bucks.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2013 6:38:30 PM EDT
[#14]
What a damn joke. 60 bucks is insane....44Mag will never get my money.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 7:36:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What a damn joke. 60 bucks is insane....44Mag will never get my money.
View Quote

You would have really loved it when .44 Mag had them for $99.99 last month.  This is like a "Clearance Sale" for those bastards!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

They can sit on them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They can sit on them.

HA!

For some though, it might be worth it just to pony up and buy one or two.  I've overpaid for things that felt more necessary.  That said, I live in NJ and the magazine thing gets a little more murky in terms of availability.  Ive got an M&P FS that has 10 rnd mags - ugh.  hate to admit it but I'd spend $120 on two 15 round mags at this point.  Until then, my G19 is primary b/c it has 50% more rounds.

Overall, I tend to agree with your cactus idea though!
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 9:17:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
MidwayUSA last month for $34.99 ea (limit 2/week)
View Quote

Price went up a little it seems. Sadly, it's still the best deal around. Yeah, I have some on back order at $24 a pop, but it will be the greater part of 2014 before I see them, I'll wager. I just snagged one off the EE new and unused for $34 delivered. There are still some bozos asking $60 and $75 for them, though. It's laughable.

Keep your eyes open and your cash in hand. Streicher's is where I have backordered mags for cheap and at a local gun store. As I said, I'm not holding my breath for those.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#18]
There is no reason for this shortage.  S&W needs to step up.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 1:12:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
There is no reason for this shortage.  S&W needs to step up.
View Quote

Mec-Gar makes mags for S&W. It's not that S&W isn't deliberately not making mags.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#20]
CTD had some after-market 32 rounders for sale for around $25.00. No idea if they are any good.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 6:00:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Then S&W needs an additional supplier if their current supplier can't keep up.  It's a magazine for God'sake.  We're not splitting the atom!
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 9:38:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Midway has had them trickle in for $34 ea.

Backorders are allowed.

In the not so distant past, I have chosen the 'Notify Me' option and have been notified a few hours later that the product was in stock.  When you get the notification, it's a race to order the mags as your 'notify' option does NOT reserve the mags for you.

Not sure what that's all about - either perfect timing or they are limiting their dispersal for whatever reason.
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 10:42:32 AM EDT
[#23]
9mm 8rd Shield mags seem to be just as scarce...
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Strange times we live in. I got them at the height of the panic without a problem.

Edit 10/7/13 --   44mag.com has the  8 round Shield Mags in stock
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 6:46:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Strange times we live in. I got them at the height of the panic without a problem.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

$39.99 per Mag.

Ouch.

Midway lists them for $31.99, while the list price is $37.99. I will hold off until the prices drop.
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Buy another M&P for $398.00.  Keep the three mags worth $120.00.  Sell unfired gun for $375?
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 2:36:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a bad price compared to eBay, but still a few bucks over retail.  If I was in desperate need I may bite at that price, but I'm going to hold out for a bit longer.  Thanks for the heads up though!
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 5:46:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Then S&W needs an additional supplier if their current supplier can't keep up.  It's a magazine for God'sake.  We're not splitting the atom!
View Quote

From my last conversation with a S&W rep, they stated it was a spring sourcing issue. Plenty of mag bodies, no springs.
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 12:17:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Its not like my HK mags are much less so I can't complain
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 10:16:44 PM EDT
[#30]
I found some 10 rd promags today for 21 bucks at a local GS, I bought a all three. Even if they are crap I can break even on ebay.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 5:43:39 AM EDT
[#31]
You just have to keep your eyes open. Midway gets them in sporadically for around $35 a pop plus shipping. They typically limit you to two mags when you buy.

I just scored an unfired mag, in practically new condition (other than being inserted into the pistol a couple of time which was believable base do the condition) for $34 delivered from the EE earlier this week. Not long after  another fellow scored a NIB mag for just a few dollars more.

The deals are out there. There are still some jokers asking $60 a mag and more. Don't buy from them. The panic has subsided and the market is correcting itself. Production will catch up. Eventually, they will have to adjust their prices because nobody is buying. Wait them out. You'll be kicking yourself when mags are plentiful for $20-$30 again.
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 7:11:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Things will adjust. I am on Midway's email notification. $20-$35 is reasonable for me.

Anything more and it just becomes asinine.
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 2:01:07 PM EDT
[#33]
I picked up a used 17rd 9mm factory M&P mag at the gunshow for $25.  He didn't have any others.  Keep your eyes open and your money ready.  I bought a couple from Midway at normal price as well.  Patience pays off.
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 7:53:23 AM EDT
[#34]
I know that some have had bad experiences with them but Botach was a good source for me last summer/fall for M&P mags both 9MM and 40 cal.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 2:14:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I know that some have had bad experiences with them but Botach was a good source for me last summer/fall for M&P mags both 9MM and 40 cal.
View Quote

If it's not available it doesn't help much
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#36]
I found 3 on Guns America yesterday that a guy was selling for the 9c.  I just happened to get lucky and it sounds like that is the only way to get them now...just get lucky.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 9:28:55 PM EDT
[#37]
a store not far from me just had a shipment a few weeks back of XD mags come in with two m&p 40 mags thrown in by accident i presume. My old lady was buying her m&p 9 and picked up the two 40 mags for me due to the october 1st 10 round limit laws that came into effect in this wonderful state of MD. she left paying an additional 92 bucks for two 15 round mags. Thats the cheapest Ive seen them in any actual store. Midway usually sells out minutes after they notify you about their stock. 2 shops in PA wanted between 70-75 bucks per full size 9mm mag. If glock 40S&Ws had a fully supported chamber I would have made the switch long ago just because magazines are more available

Moral of the story is, if you see one of those unicorns for less than 50 bucks, get it quick.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:29:42 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Moral of the story is, if you see one of those unicorns for less than 50 bucks, get it quick.
View Quote

Screw that.

If I wanted to do that, I'd have bought one of those overpriced HK P30's. I'll sell this damn pistol before I spend $50 on mags.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 6:30:23 AM EDT
[#39]
S&W better get their act together before mag availability starts hurting sales.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 6:57:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
S&W better get their act together before mag availability starts hurting sales.  
View Quote

Seriously. This right here is the biggest incentive for me to go buy a Glock, even though it's ergonomics aren't that great for me.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:33:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Same here. I'm holding out cause I love my 9c. Got the trigger modified how I like it, great ergos, hardly any recoil snap......but no magazines. They will become available again way before my current mags ever break so I'll make do with what I got.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 1:06:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
a store not far from me just had a shipment a few weeks back of XD mags come in with two m&p 40 mags thrown in by accident i presume. My old lady was buying her m&p 9 and picked up the two 40 mags for me due to the october 1st 10 round limit laws that came into effect in this wonderful state of MD. she left paying an additional 92 bucks for two 15 round mags. Thats the cheapest Ive seen them in any actual store. Midway usually sells out minutes after they notify you about their stock. 2 shops in PA wanted between 70-75 bucks per full size 9mm mag. If glock 40S&Ws had a fully supported chamber I would have made the switch long ago just because magazines are more available

Moral of the story is, if you see one of those unicorns for MUCH less than 50 bucks, get it quick.
View Quote

Added the red part. S&W has raised the price as I understand it. Anywhere near $50 is panic pricing, for me anyways
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 3:26:55 PM EDT
[#43]
i agree. the only reason i haven't traded it in is because my rights have been taken until further notice here in Maryland as of Oct. 1. If i sold it, id have to take a handgun class, get fingerprints, blah blah blah.So because I'm a law abiding citizen, I'm treated like a criminal. Which is too much hassle to be down a handgun. Im out of here ASAP
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 3:27:55 PM EDT
[#44]
and for the record, EVERY DAY in Maryland is a panic buy day. You never know what crap legislature we'll be forced to eat next.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 3:48:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
and for the record, EVERY DAY in Maryland is a panic buy day. You never know what crap legislature we'll be forced to eat next.
View Quote

Understood. THAT really sucks.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 5:18:51 PM EDT
[#46]
if you have a buddy in law enforcement have them call smith and Wesson directly and buy them for you at $16 each. M&P mag more than $25 is highway robbery for me. Id just go buy a blue label M&P and get three mags with the gun for $398 then keep the mags and sale the weapon for $350. SOMEONE may have done that before just for mags :)

Seems the M&P compact and 45 acp mags are plentiful around me for around $25 at the LGS

So I don't think it is a spring issue if 10 rounders' are plentiful.

I believe M&P has become more popular than glock or at least in my area. I can find glock guns and mags by the ton but M&P has become difficult to find. That could also be an issue as I know many people that have made the switch to the M&P and so has departments in my state switched to the M&P.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 5:38:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
if you have a buddy in law enforcement have them call smith and Wesson directly and buy them for you at $16 each. M&P mag more than $25 is highway robbery for me. Id just go buy a blue label M&P and get three mags with the gun for $398 then keep the mags and sale the weapon for $350. SOMEONE may have done that before just for mags :)

Seems the M&P compact and 45 acp mags are plentiful around me for around $25 at the LGS

I believe M&P has become more popular than glock or at least in my area. I can find glock guns and mags by the ton but M&P has become difficult to find. That could also be an issue as I know many people that have made the switch to the M&P and so has departments in my state switched to the M&P.
View Quote

45 ACP mags and Shield mags are made by S&W, unlike the M&P9 and 40 mags.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 4:30:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't know that. They look and feel the same as the others.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 4:13:03 AM EDT
[#49]
I recently moved from a 10-round state to a full-capacity state.

I don't care much about using 10-round mags for gun games (IDPA or USPSA-Production), but I'd like a pair of 12rd M&P 9c mags for carry.

If things don't improve soon, I'm just going to go buy a spare gun. Possibly a Glock 26 instead of another M&P.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:25:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Buy another M&P for $398.00.  Keep the three mags worth $120.00.  Sell unfired gun for $375?
View Quote

I've done that several times.  Sig Mosquito mags are so expensive I was recently able to get 4 plus the gun for under $300.  Now I have a Sig Mosquito Sport for sale.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top