Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2013 2:13:44 PM EDT
Couldn't be happier with the outcome of this gun. Replaced almost every internal with Apex, Clint at Williams gun Leather did some awesome machine work on the slide, Ryan at FTW refinished the slide, and I did some frame stippling. The gun came out awesome!

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 2:50:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 4:44:38 PM EDT
[#2]
That IS sharp.

Nice work !
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 5:50:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Outstanding.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:39:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow! Thats nice
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:23:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Stupid Question:  Does cutting the slide like that have no effect on the firearm at all, safety-wise?  How much can you cut off and still not have it blow up?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stupid Question:  Does cutting the slide like that have no effect on the firearm at all, safety-wise?  How much can you cut off and still not have it blow up?
View Quote

I've seen inch long slots taken from the sides with no I'll effects.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:41:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

The slide shouldn't be under that much pressure. I would think porting the barrel would compromise integrity greater. :shrugs

ETA: Gorgeous BTW!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:26:03 AM EDT
[#8]
That is one sharp looking pistol.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:17:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you. Ya the overall weight that has been taken off the slide is less than an ounce. More for the looks but sometime people take it off so they can run a faster slide or lighter loads.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top