Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2008 5:46:25 PM EDT
Well I finished all my replacements and any improvements (in my mind).
Metal guide rod,  trigger,  ext. mag release,  skeletonized hammer,  INT  trig. return unit,  D hammer spring,  silicon  16# recoil spring,  polishied ramp,  contact points,
lube as needed.  (Thanks to all the great spring rate feedback you guys gave,, great help!!)
Went to the range and shot 240 rounds.  200 FMJ and 40 HP.   Feed and extracted everything as should.  Trigger felt smooth, light,  with a little crisper SA letoff than before.  (just a mental thing most likely).
I mostly used a new  Mec-gar  Optimum 20 rd mag. which has a ext bumper extending 3/4" below grip.  Fed the 20 rounds without a problem,  slow and rapid fire.

Very satisfied with this Beretta 92 FS and love to shoot it.  Like it much better than the
G-17 I sold.  All in all the 92FS has become one of my favorites.

I went home,  made some popcorn and watched an HBO movie.   Hey,  Lethal Weapon
II was on!  Great day.  
Riggs ain't got s**t  on us.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:56:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Glad to hear you're liking the changes/updates. One thing I found also helps on the trigger is to add some oil to the bottom of the hammer so that it can spread to the sear as well. A bit of lube goes a long way in helping the trigger let-off, IMO.

My .o2
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:41:02 PM EDT
[#2]
 Pics dammit!!!

ETA: It's not your imagination -- the SA trigger will have improved along with the DA spring with the drop in mainspring poundage.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:55:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you go with the wolf INS trigger return spring?

I don't know if it was mental for me too, but I noticed a marked difference after replacing the wire return spring with the wolf.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:24:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, I installed the Wolff INS return spring.  With the lighter hammer spring the pull is much better and as I stated the lettoff is much better than before as you would expect.
If I had another 92 I would do the same mods to it.  

I also recommend trying a Mec-Gar  Optimum 20 rd mag.   Worked great and the finish was first rate,  I even liked the 3/4" bumper ext. on the mag.  The front serrations on the bumper pad ext.  matches up perfectly with the ones on the frontstrap of the pistol.  Looks like a stock piece.

Link Posted: 8/15/2008 7:19:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Indy, what ext mag release did you use? Is it steel?  I would like to change out the plastic one my 92fs has.  I was wondering about those Mec-Gar 20rds.  I think I'll order one tomorrow
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top