Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2002 9:25:13 PM EDT
The finish on my 92FS is poor.  I'd like to get it re-parkerized but I am concerned that it would be a bad investment (too costly).

How much would it run me to get it redone vs. selling it and buying a new one?

I'm willing to bet I'd get around $300 for the pistol and pick up a new one for +/- $425.

Will it cost more than $125 to refinish the slide?

Link Posted: 12/14/2002 6:22:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably not. IIRC, Beretta will refinish one for about $60.00. Check around and see what prices you can find.
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 8:23:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a BHP frame refinished by these guys:

www.shootiniron.com/

I was happy.  I dunnot about the slide tho... and color/finish matching.  If beretta will do it, I would see what they charge.
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 8:43:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Email Kurt at KKF.  Good work-and inexpensive.  He tefloned my 1911 for like $75.00
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#4]
If the weapon in question has a good track record, why not give it face lift. Although I have never seen a "parked" 92, I think you meant a common blue. Either way, you must like it enough to consider the upgrade. (I had an Inox that my blue 92 would outshoot, the Inox is gone) The point there is, you may not find one that shoots as well, so drop the bucks on it. Another gun, although fun, is an unknown entity.
It's only a bad investment if you intend to sell it later...if it's a keeper, who cares?
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 2:16:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the info, fellas.  I'll take advantage of your suggestions.

From the Beretta website:

No Glare Finish.

Beretta’s exclusive Bruniton non-reflective matte black finish is a superior corrosion resistant coating.

So, does this mean its blued or parkerized?

www.beretta.com/home_2002.asp

Link Posted: 12/15/2002 7:33:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Brunitron is the standard "blue" type Beretta finish. It is some sort of baked-on paint and holds up relatively well. The military selected, as I recall, a "B" grade polish / finish to cut down on glare and expense. The many "Police" packages available to LEOs (gun and three mags in cardboard box) also have the military finish. The Italian-mfg. commercial guns have the high polish and more attention paid to little details such as grip screw alignment, recoil spring ends buffed off before installation (no joke!) etc., and, while prettier, are no better or worse than the US guns. US commercial guns have, supposedly, an "A" grade polish. Older Italian 92Fs were blued and used roll pins. US guns are all Brunitron (if "blue") and use mostly solid pins.

Beretta USA will probably also go through the gun and replace anything not to factory spec...possibly for free. If it were me, and I liked the gun, I would go for the factory refinish.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 1:42:38 PM EDT
[#7]
The Bruniton finish is a phosphate "primer" covered with a "high speed low drag machinegun paint" the barrels are black oxide finnished.All standard 92/96 series slides are sand blasted before final finishing. You are better off to send it back to Beretta as old pistols are magnafluxed and inspected before being worked on and returned.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 3:22:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The Bruniton finish is a phosphate "primer" covered with a "high speed low drag machinegun paint" the barrels are black oxide finnished.All standard 92/96 series slides are sand blasted before final finishing. You are better off to send it back to Beretta as old pistols are magnafluxed and inspected before being worked on and returned.

Thank you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top