Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 11:45:01 AM EDT
Ok, I'm pretty sure I'm right. Guy at the range today said he had worn out his extractor in his 92. Said he sent it back to Beretta under warranty (2 year old gun), they put in all new springs and a new extractor. I called BS. Am I wrong? If so, I owe the guy an apology.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:08:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Ok, I'm pretty sure I'm right. Guy at the range today said he had worn out his extractor in his 92. Said he sent it back to Beretta under warranty (2 year old gun), they put in all new springs and a new extractor. I called BS. Am I wrong? If so, I owe the guy an apology.

If you register your new beretta, it goes to 3 years. what's the BS about having a guy got his weapon fixed under warranty?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:23:37 PM EDT
[#2]
He shoots the heck out of it. Why would a manufacturer replace parts from use/wear?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:49:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
He shoots the heck out of it. Why would a manufacturer replace parts from use/wear?

Liability, mostly. Good PR is another one.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:57:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Huh, yeah, and the representative I got ahold of said certain types of wear are covered under warranty if certain conditions are found. I'll need to apologize to the guy next I see him.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:42:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Next time don't say bullshit for something you don't own or never had first hand experience.
I'd be offended if you were to say that to me while I own the gun and with warranty card and receipt to back it up.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:11:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Next time don't say bullshit for something you don't own or never had first hand experience.
I'd be offended if you were to say that to me while I own the gun and with warranty card and receipt to back it up.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top