Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2005 9:17:08 PM EDT
I am hopefully going to be purchasing a Beretta M9 next week if my local dealer is able to order one for me and I would like to know what some must have accessories, tools, spare parts, special cleaning stuff, and other things I should buy for my M9?

I already know I need extra mags, but what else do I need?  

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Mags, ammo, and a good lube to break it in (CLP works fine).

From there, maybe a pistol cleaning kit if you don't have one, and a Holster of some sort would be nice.

As for spare parts, get past the 4000 mark, and you will need a new recoil spring (found that the 15lb works better than the 13lb for all but the lightest of loads).  Take it past the 50K mark, and you may need to replace something besides the recoil spring ever 2K to 4K. Mag springs tend to go for over 20K, so don't buy them until you need replacements.

P.S. as for mags, either Beretta or Mec-gars (which ever you can find cheaper).
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:59:07 PM EDT
[#2]
If you need some beretta mags, IM theredgoat for some, he has a buttload of them.

I like my beretta, great gun.  Just not a small concealable one.

TXL
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:53:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks a lot.

So basically I need:

1) Mags
2) Ammo
3) Cleaning Kit (Would you recommend the factory cleaning kit on Beretta's website?)
4) Holster
5) Range Bag

Are there any special tools that I need for adjustments, field stripping, assembly/disassembly, etc.?

Anything else that I will need or even any other accessories that aren't necessities but are nice to have?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:06:32 PM EDT
[#4]
No special tools, may get some punches to remove pins.

A normal cleaning kit for handguns from your local gunshop or walmart will do fine.

Keep it clean and you will have no problems.

TXL
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:26:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Just like above.
I only would add a set of springs, they never break but they are easy to loose.
Ciao
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:25:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like most of the basics have been covered already (ammo, mags, holster, cleaning kit).

As for tools, none are needed for basic field stripping. If you want to detail strip it, you'll need a set of punches, a small hammer, and a hex wrench for the grip screws (I don't remember what size they are). A bench vise with brass jaws is handy, but you don't really need it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:11:06 PM EDT
[#7]
You don't need any tools for normal maintenance.  A number 6 crochet needle works great for a detail strip tool/spring tool.  You can do most of the gun with just it, and only the really small stuff requires any more tools.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top