Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2005 9:09:04 AM EDT
Can anybody recommend someplace for a trigger job on a 92FS.  

Bonus round question:  Can this same person radius the trigger guard and retreat the frame to get rid of the hollywood tactical hold finger groove?  This one part is what makes this pistol an eye-sore to me.

I'm trying to think of a use for the 92FS I've got sitting back at home.  Bought it to train on before going to Iraq, and now I'm heading home and I'm trying to figgure out just what to do with this pistol.  I was thinking about trying it in USPSA Production class as an occasional departure from L-10.  At least that's the only use I have for it.  

Mucho gracias,

Glenn
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Either Cylinder & Slide or Wilson's would be my suggestion if a local gunsmith doesn't fit your bill. Even if they can't/won't do it, ask them who they might suggest?

I was lucky, I had a local gunsmith do a damn fine job on my 92FS. It made a huge difference in smoothness.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:40:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Wolf action spring kit is about $16

It does wonders. I've had no malfunctions.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:22:56 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 on the wolf spring. I got one and had my local gunsmith polish it up, very nice now.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:41:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Did the wolf spring thing, and polished the trigger pins and a few other things.  It's night and day.

TXL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top