Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2021 3:56:52 PM EDT
I've been looking at purchasing an older 92FS Centurion.  I located one, but when I run the serial # in the Beretta website it says it's a "92F 9mm Tactical Cent"  It doesnt say it's and FS.  The slide on the pistol in question depicts a 92FS.  Did they even make a 92 F in a Centurion is my question?  Could the Beretta site be wrong?  Could the slide have been swapped?   I know have more questions than answers unfortunately.  The Model # on the site says "SPEC0277A" with a manufacture date of 1998.   Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 4:02:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m pretty sure that the F was discontinued long before 98.  86 or 88 in fact
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#2]
The website is not always accurate. I wouldn’t sweat it. I have two mid-80s 92F pistols that are all original and they show up as 92FS models on the website. I’m no Beretta expert but I’m 99.9 percent sure that they stopped making 92F models in the late eighties. I don’t think they ever made a 92F Centurion either.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#3]
The Centurion was a 92FS configuration not a 92F. I have a standard 1988 straight dust cover 92F I bought new in 1988. I had the factory do the 92FS conversion to the frame/slide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top