Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2005 11:16:24 AM EDT
I recently fell flat on my face financially, and had to sell most of my guns.

Now I'm on my way back up again, and I need to replace a few missing toys.

I'm in need of a full size and a compact 45 pistol.

I've owned Glocks and various 1911s in the past, but I'm considering somthing different. I really like my 92FS (which I still have), and I like the way the Couger looks.

What do you like about your 8045? What don't you like?
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 4:46:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I've held them & shot them & I don't like them. The thicker slide throws their balance off for me. It's a shame as I would love a .45 Beretta, looks like I'll hope to live long enough for a 92FS in .45acp?
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 4:51:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Decent pistols but getting hard to find mags and other assessories.  Beretta discontinued the Cougar line last year.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 6:03:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I have all three COugars, 8045, 8000 and the 8040. I love'm all...

The 8045 is a handful...the grip is big for smallish hands. The 8000 and the 8040, IMO, have some of the best ergos of any comabt auto out there..

Excellent accuracy, scary reliablity.

As for Mags and such, there really are plenty if you look. Hogue makes wood grips for them, every holster maker still has or makes holsters for them, and CDNN and Numrich Gun Parts always has mags.

Beretta even still has mags for them, and you can order direct.

All in all, I would not trade my Cougars for anything...
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 3:29:53 PM EDT
[#4]
My carry is an 8045F. I love this gun. Have never had a malf of any kind. I'm kind of amazed that its not wildly popular, grip size or not.

In fact, I like the grip. Gives you something to hang on to.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 10:01:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'm kind of amazed that its not wildly popular, grip size or not.

Could be folks didn't like its balance any better than I did?
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 6:15:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm kind of amazed that its not wildly popular, grip size or not.

Could be folks didn't like its balance any better than I did?

Must be me, I never had a balance problem with any Cougars...
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 8:42:07 PM EDT
[#7]
You could probably find the 8045 in both full and mini sizes for good prices now.
Mags are available, too.
The safety will work the same as your 92, so that's a plus.

Bob, the 92/96 slide would have to be mega-beefed up for the .45, and there goes the balance you were talking about.  I don't think the 92 series was designed or intended to house the .45ACP.
The Cougar was, though.

I like my 96's and my little MiniCougar .40.  
The PX4 in .45 might be my 1st .45 sometime in the next year or so.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 1:19:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Bob, the 92/96 slide would have to be mega-beefed up for the .45, and there goes the balance you were talking about.  I don't think the 92 series was designed or intended to house the .45ACP.
The Cougar was, though.

True, but I still keep the dream alive.    
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#9]
True, mags are available, what I should have states is cougar mags are expensive.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 12:58:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I had the .45 couger and I loved it. Mine was very accurate and I never had a problem feeding hollow points through it. Now I have a 8040 and it is great. I love the couger line of pistols and with they still made them. I do not plan on trading my couger in for a PX4. It is amazing to me too that they were not more popular.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:13:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:00:51 AM EDT
[#12]
I had one until yesterday.    Had to sell either it or my SIG 229 because of various unexpected expenses, and I am more accurate with my 229, so I sold the Beretta.  Still got a factory mag for it that I am selling, if any of yall need one.
Damn, I hated to sell that pistol...it was the best DA 45 I've ever shot.  Had night sights too.  Damned air conditioning in my wife's car had to take a dump NOW of all times...  
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:23:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Damned air conditioning in my wife's car had to take a dump NOW of all times...  

Damn. I would have told her to ride with the window down before I sold a gun.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:19:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is Florida, dude...it's triple digits here this time of year, with humidity around 80% most of the time.  And we've got young children too.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:38:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is Florida, dude...it's triple digits here this time of year, with humidity around 80% most of the time.  And we've got young children too.

Uh huh. Tell her to put her head out the window. If it is good enough for Fido, it should be good enough for her. Anything to keep from selling off guns.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:49:48 AM EDT
[#16]
If it was my only hand gun I would roll down the windows if not I personaly would fix the AC or get another car.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:04:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
If it was my only hand gun I would roll down the windows if not I personaly would fix the AC or get another car.

Oh, trust me, it's not my only handgun.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:43:46 AM EDT
[#18]
If she is a good one you better fix the AC. The good ones are hard to come buy these days and worth the investment. Then of course buy another pistol ASAP.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:32:57 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I've got the 8045 and love it, perfect size and never jams. This is on my "will not trade or sell ever" list.

+1

I think my 8045 is every bit as good of a handgun as my SIG's, Walthers & H&K's....at a significantly better price.

If you do get one, I'd recommend grabbing a few extra mags. CDNN has the best prices going.

ETA: After owning this pistol, I can't imagine why it wasn't/isn't more popular. The price is great, the company is very high quality and a Baretta that cranks out .45's is just a good thing. What's not to like? Some say it doesn't fit them well, doesn't balance well. That's nothing unique to this pistol....I've heard people say the same of every gun under the sun. To me, it's both well balanced and extremely comfortable to shoot.

The Cougar 8045 is well worth a good long look for anyone thinking about a .45 pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top