Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2012 1:56:16 PM EDT
I'm contemplating buying one of these pistols.  Can it be carried with a round chambered, hammer down, and safety on?  Or what is the mode of carrying one of these little guns?  Does it have a firing pin safety?  If you carry it, do you feel pretty confident it will go off when supposed to and not when it isn't?

Your thoughts appreciated.

Link Posted: 11/11/2012 3:17:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Bobcat or Tomcat?
Bobcat is .25 ACP and .22LR
Tomcat is .32 ACP
If you mean Tomcat, there are (or at least were) issues with the frames cracking.
Don't know if Beretta has fixed it or not.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 3:53:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Bobcat or Tomcat?
Bobcat is .25 ACP and .22LR
Tomcat is .32 ACP
If you mean Tomcat, there are (or at least were) issues with the frames cracking.
Don't know if Beretta has fixed it or not.

You're right - I meant Tomcat.  I remember the issue of the frames or slides or something cracking, but thought that had been corrected by now.

Link Posted: 11/11/2012 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#3]
sold mine quick. Had extraction issues due to my wife limp wristing it.  I prefer a keltec p3at or smith bodyguard as a pocket carry piece.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 5:52:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I carried one for a few years, I carried it hammer down safety on with a chambered round. It does not have a firing pin safety, it relies on an inertia style firing pin to prevent discharge from dropping. They are great pistols, the ergos are great (were for me anyway) and the accuracy will surprise you.
To Add: I never had any problems with mine, but they do not have an extractor, they rely on the case following the slide back for extraction, so as stated above if you limp wrist it all manner of stupid will unfold. After I sold my 3032 I bought a KT P32 and regretted it, the KT was 100% reliable, but accuracy sucked as did the ergos.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 6:14:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Get the INOX Tomcat, beefier slide. Carried one for years as my BUG and never had a malf of any kind.
Tomac
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I've carried on for years when wardrobe required a really concealable carry. I always carried it chambered and ready to go while in a Predator pocket holster.

Be aware of one really common issue with these little pocket guns. Shooting hotter, higher pressure loads have many times caused the receiver to crack around the pin in the trigger area. Beretta has been aware of this issue for years now and I'm not sure it's ever been fully resolved.

Check the Beretta Forum for details...it's been cussed and discussed thoroughly.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Does anyone have a picture of where they crack and what to look for?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 4:35:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Recently I was considering a Tomcat for another CCW, but the lack of an extractor was the deal breaker for me; I'm still shopping.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:13:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Stay away from higher pressure rounds (Beretta recommends an ammo with muzzle energy less that 130 ft/lbs) and you'll greatly reduce the likelihood of frame cracks on the Inox guns. Sadly though...even then there is no guarantee. It appears that as long as the crack doesn't interfere with the slide operating...the crack isn't that critical. Many just grind the crack out with a Dremel and go about their business. Me? I'm not convince of that "cure". Check the Beretta Forums...this discussion has been had repeatedly over there and many pics of the cracks are available in many of the threads.The crack occurs generally in the thin web over the trigger linkage.

My Tomcat has held up well so far and would recommend one for deep CCW carry but...I was warned early enough not to use high pressure rounds.

Beretta is well aware of the issues many have had with these little pocket guns..
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:32:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I just picked on up, havent even shot it yet, guy that sold it only put about 20 rounds through it. Newer model with the extended safety. I just bought some pro-mag magazines for it, 6 and 10 rounders. Does anyone know if these work ok with it? Also, i am finding issues with replacing the crappy plastic grips on it. the only aftermarket ones I can find are Pachmayer ones that won't fit because of the longer safety
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:48:31 PM EDT
[#11]
My brother picked one up in December and really likes it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top