Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2003 12:30:25 PM EDT
I have not been able to get the decocking lever to work without first pulling the trigger to releas the hammer.  I don't think that is correct especially after reading the manual.  I have not loaded the gun so no ammo is involved.  Is there anything tht would prevent the decocking lever from functioning? Does the magazine have to be in the pistol for the decocking lever to work?
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 1:54:36 PM EDT
[#1]
The decocker should work at all times, with or without mag inserted. Sounds to me like the decocker spring may be off track. Have you taken off the grips to take a closer look at the decocking mechanism? If the spring is in place, you have another problem altogether, and I'd advise a visit to a gunsmith, or a trip back to SIG. Out of curiousity, have any mods been done to your pistol?
B9
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I would suspect either the spring, or more likely, the grips themselves. Try taking off the grips and VERY carefully observe the action. The decocker should work smoothly and gently lower the hammer.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 5:07:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for replying.  When I got home I tried the decocker again.  Apparently I was not pressing down far enough for it to engage.  I waws stopping when I felt resistance.  The only pistol with a decocker I have experience with is hte Beretta 92.  Yes the decocker works with or without the magazine and when cocked through cycling the slide or manually cocking by pulling back the hammer.

I purchased the pistol NIB yesterday, no modifications and I have resisted the urge to take off the grips to see the inner workings.  I appreciate the timely response and sound advice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top