Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2007 1:56:52 PM EDT
Whatever happened to the Sig 556 Pistol we saw at the SHOT show?  Any news on this?
Link Posted: 9/15/2007 11:32:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 5:04:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Just heard 400+ of the 556 pistols will ship soon.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 11:26:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:23:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Where did you hear that?  I need details!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:30:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's a thread from SigForum:

556 Pistol
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:39:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I would love to have one but if the price is going to be in $2,000 range there are other weapons on my list to purchase before a sig hand gun in 5.56. Now that doesn't mean I don't want one.
Link Posted: 7/26/2008 6:52:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Just read that they will be out in a couple weeks.
$1,300.00 to $1,500.00.
Mike
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 3:24:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Law Enforcement short barreled rifle version.

Link Posted: 8/13/2008 8:59:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Here's a thread from SigForum:

556 Pistol

The post made on the Sigforum was made on 7/17. Unfortunately, it says that it will hit dealers in the dreaded "about two weeks."  Sadly, I've had so many experiences with "about two weeks" that as soon as I hear it from a dealer/manufacturer I know they are not being honest with me.  

That post was made about a month ago....and no 556 Pistols anywhere.  Yes, you can pre-order them but nobody has them.  

A similar post made on August 10 by firedog55 on the Sigforum says he spoke to his Sig rep on Friday 8/8 and stated "I was told they would ship in 2 weeks."  Here we go again.  I am not accusing firedog55 of being dishonest/incorrect by any means, I just doubt what the Sig rep said.  

I ordered a Sig 556 Pistol (and paid all up front) from a local dealer last week 8/6.  The dealer talked to Sig and gave me a call back.  He said that Sig was accepting the orders for the pistol but didn't give any info about when they would be shipping.  

I called Sig myself and spoke to customer service.  The person I spoke to first said she didn't know but would transfer me to somebody who would.  I was transfered to a guy in the sales dept.  He said he did not know when the Sig 556 Pistol would be shipping to dealers.  

I think it's probably safe to assume that we will be seeing it soon (that word being relative), maybe they are trying to boost early sales or something, I dunno.  I just don't get why they can't honestly tell us when, even in wide variance.  If they said that it would be available in 6-12 weeks, I would have still ordered it last week.  But I guess I should not complain because when I called Sig they told me they didn't know, and I think that was honest.

Edit: Update: I noticed an online retailer was advertising that they were expecting the First Sig 556 Pistol shipment in on 8/15/08.  So, I emailed tham ans asked if they were still expecting the shipment on 8/15.  Here is the response:

"Sig pushed back two weeks. I'm hoping to have them before the months end."

Two weeks....

Again, I'm not doubting the retailer, just the manufacturer .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top