Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2007 6:18:00 AM EDT
How long of a wait should I expect if I send a Sig in for the Sig Service Plan?

How much longer would it take if I had it refinished in Nitrone?

Jay
Link Posted: 3/21/2007 6:19:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/21/2007 6:29:13 AM EDT
[#2]
How much was the Nitrone refinish, if you don't mind me asking?

Jay
Link Posted: 3/21/2007 9:36:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/21/2007 9:51:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll probably just have them re-blue it then.

Jay
Link Posted: 3/24/2007 4:55:18 AM EDT
[#5]
My SSP turnaround was as they told me, 10 business days.  First SIG 226 9MM, 2nd SSP; 5k round point, and now nearing 10k.  Very satisfied with their work, customer service.
Link Posted: 3/25/2007 3:00:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I did the full Nitron (slide AND frame) and the SSP...SSP alone is around 10 business days...the Nitron for both was supposed to be 6-8 weeks...I don't know why SiGARMS Customer Service tells people less time for the Nitron when their own site at least USED to say 6-8 weeks...it took mine 9 weeks to the day but Christmas and the other Holidays were in their as well...the price WAS $240 for the Nitron but they have lowered it to $169.95...SSP is $99 until April 1st then it is $129.95...I was pleased with the results if not the price (I ordered December 20th at $240...no price reduction for me)...SiG will roll the shipping both ways into the service for much less than I could get for shipping...good luck with yours.
Bill
Link Posted: 3/25/2007 4:03:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Waiting on my Sig P229 right now.  I sent it in for the SSP and to have a short-reset trigger installed.  I was told 10 business days as well.  Tenth day will be Thursday of this week.  I'll post on it once I get it back.
Link Posted: 3/26/2007 9:48:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I sent my 226 back and they received it on the 9th. Went in for service plan and short reset trigger. Called this morning 11th business day and they tell me two more weeks because they are out of short reset trigger parts.
Link Posted: 3/29/2007 10:32:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I got the SSP and AEP done on my 226 and it took around 10 business days to get back.  Great customer service reps to deal with, in my experience.  Gun came back flawless.  I'm not that worried about the finish though since I shoot/carry it all the time.  I'll get that done somewhere that specializes in custom finishes later when I can't stand it anymore.
Link Posted: 3/29/2007 3:23:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine got turned around in under 10 days, SSP and short trigger.  I got great service.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2007 5:04:42 AM EDT
[#11]
I am now at day 15 and still being told it will be two weeks before they have any more short reset parts.

CS manager is supposed to call me back before lunch.
Link Posted: 3/30/2007 6:52:24 AM EDT
[#12]
I sent my P6 in for the SSP and refinishing on Jan. 31st.  I wanted it reblued, but Sig no longer offers rebluing and since my pistol was already enroute for the SSP, I went with Nitron instead.  

On the website it says 4-6 weeks for refinishing, but I'm approaching week 9 now.

After how long it took for my Mosquito replacement, I had something of an understanding about the speed of Sig when I went into this, so I can't complain.  I only hope I get it no later than 12 weeks.
Link Posted: 3/30/2007 7:27:34 AM EDT
[#13]
I just ordered the SSP for my P229 and was told 10-12 days. Ray the CS guy told me the other option currently are taking much longer because they are swamped and running low on parts for the Short Reset Trigger.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Got my Sig P229 back today.  The SRT feels really sweet although I've only dry-fired it.  I hope to be able to get to the range maybe tomorrow, if not then definitely on Saturday.

The SSP is also great.  All springs were checked.  Not sure how many were changed out but the recoil spring was definitely changed.  Grip screws were replaced with the hex screws.  My old night sights were replaced with SigLite night sights.

I'm very pleased and am looking forward to trying the 229 out as soon as possible.  I'll post an update once I try it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top