Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 8:31:50 PM EDT
I'll be turning 21 shortly and we all know what that means - handguns and NFA!
I am looking into a Sig P226 as my first handgun.
I have a lot experience with revolvers, Glocks, Walther PP series, and 1911s, but no Sig experience.
I am planning on renting one this weekend at the range, to see how it works for me - I suspect it will.

I am looking for a price check and some advice:

What is the going price for a NIB Sig P226?
What is the going price for a CPO Sig P226?
What do you recommend buying? CPO or NIB?
What are mag prices like?

Do you like the P226?
I have heard it is very reliable - is this repuation deserved?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:16:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Going rate for them NIB is usually between $700 and $750 depending on the dealer.

Going rate on them for CPO's is a little over $525 or so, you can pick up used ones (non-CPO) for far less from somewhere like CDNN.

If you can find a CPO or a Sig in good condition that is used, then buy it.  These guns are built to last and when Sig says "To hell and back reliability" they're not messing around.  I bought a used Sig P229 that was a police trade-in and it's the most reliable gun I own, have never had a single failure of any kind.  

The best prices i've found for new factory mags were $27 from the member "usaoz" on SigForum.com, best prices i've found at an actual store were $29.99.  You can pick up used mags for around $20 and 10 round mags that are new for only $15 or so.  Buy only factory Sig mags or Mec-gar mags.

I don't have a P226, but I have a P229 and absolutely love it, the 226 is just the bigger brother of the 229 and if I was in the market for a fullsize handgun, I would buy a 226 without hesitation.  

If Sig's are good enough for the Secret Service to use to protect the president, then they're good enough to protect me.  Do not worry about reliability when buying a Sig, and if by rare chance you do have a problem which most likely won't happen, Sig has fantastic customer service and will stand behind their product 100%.  The same can't be said for other manufacturers who make high end guns as well, such as H&K.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:24:46 PM EDT
[#2]
My P226 is the smoothest, softest shooting pistol I have.  Love it.  Will be getting a 239 someday soon.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:58:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a 226R off CDNN for $649.99. I'd go with a new in box SIG if you really want one with the rails. Otherwise a CPO is great. The 226 is my first SIG, my dad has two 220's and a 229. They are by far the best guns I have shot, ever! The SEALS use them, the Secret Service carry them, and a whole butt load of gov't agencies issue them. If they all relie on them, I will too.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:53:43 AM EDT
[#4]
The 226 is a GREAT gun!
Reliable, Accurate and a Pleasure to shoot!
I like NIB but have not heard of problems with CPO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top