Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2006 1:04:12 AM EDT
I recently got one of the first run, non-rail Navy models and I absolutely love it. I like the smoother look of the non-rail gun myself, and considering that I CCW the pistol, I'll never put a light on it anyway. This new run of Navy models is causing quite a stir on SIGforum, some people love it most don't. What say you?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:51:05 AM EDT
[#1]
As long as they're not running them with NSW serial numbers, which they're not, then I don't really care. I'd buy one over a standard 226R just to have the cool factor and the internal corrosion resistance. I've got one of the originals too and it's great but i don't have the cash to get another.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:00:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I like it for anti-corrosion properties.  Makes a good boat gun.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:03:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
As long as they're not running them with NSW serial numbers, which they're not, then I don't really care. I'd buy one over a standard 226R just to have the cool factor and the internal corrosion resistance. I've got one of the originals too and it's great but i don't have the cash to get another.

The new rail guns have UU prefix S/N's.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#4]
My Sigs(P226 and P229) are my favorite pistols.  The 220(.45ACP) and 228(9mm) are fine guns too.

Spambo
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:38:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Very Nice!
I like the non-rail a little better too..but sometimes you feel like a light and sometimes you don't..
So I have both versions in the 229..
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:36:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the Navy rail version and personally I like it.  I really don't see what the big deal is.  They BOTH have the coated internals.  The only difference is different serial numbers and the rail.....that's it.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:25:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My Sigs(P226 and P229) are my favorite pistols.  The 220(.45ACP) and 228(9mm) are fine guns too.

Spambo

Yah, and I hear you do GOOD at speed steel.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:38:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have the Navy rail version and personally I like it.  I really don't see what the big deal is.  They BOTH have the coated internals.  The only difference is different serial numbers and the rail.....that's it.  

Charlie the big deal to some is that when Sig announced the original run of 226 Navys they were supposed to be a "limited" run of 2000 to Navy specs. So when the original owners start seeing Sig putting out another "limited run" some got a little pissed because it's not very limited if you keep putting them out. Also some didn't see them as true Navys because the Navy 226s don't have rails although word is some are starting to come through that way. If they would have come through with NSW serial numbers I bet alot of people would be even more upset but they didn't.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top