Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 6:54:05 PM EDT
What is a good weapon light for my 229R DAK? I see surefire has a couple of nice ones but does anyone know of any others? Any experience with the surefire ones?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:13:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I use the M3 and M6 and have been happy with them.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:45:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I use the Surefire X200A. IMO, the 200A or the 200B are Excellent lights.
The 200A has a tighter spot and therefore a little more throw.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:38:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Sreamlight M3 for my P226R.  I like the controls and the ergonomics.  So far, I haven't had any problems with it.  

I haven't put it on my P229R's, but I would think the lamp would stick out pretty far.  

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/TannerBoyl/Pistols/P226R.jpg
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:32:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Surefire's X200 are the proverbial cat's ass.

Now if they could hurry up with the DG switches for the thing....

Look out for NightOps/Insight's new pistol light, coming soon......

I am NOT impressed with Insight's M3 offerings, but the M3X seems to be a good compromise.

Sticks out a bit. They need to come up with a TRD device that fits in a holster.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:01:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the X200B/DG switch for the SIG 226.  Got it from Brightflashlights.  

Unfortunately, the X200B does not mount on the SIG, it does not slide back far enough.  Have not had time to figure out the problem.  I leave the light on my HK.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have the X200B/DG switch for the SIG 226.  Got it from Brightflashlights.  

Unfortunately, the X200B does not mount on the SIG, it does not slide back far enough.  Have not had time to figure out the problem.  I leave the light on my HK.

Hmm. My 200a works just fine on my aboce 229 and my 220R. I assume you have the switch cap on correctly/all the way? Is the DG switch "longer" than the standard. I had one for a 226 mounted on my 220 (had send it back, switch did not go all the way to the grip area) and I remember having a little trouble getting the light to fully seat all the way back on the rail. Had to use a considerable amount of the force to get it on the pistol.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top