Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 3:37:28 PM EDT
I bought a factory demo Sig 220 ST a little while ago. Gun was an absolutely amazing deal and was in great shape. Problem is, I hate stainless steel. I like my other nitron finished Sigs. I want to get this one refinished. I'm thinking about something other than sending it back to Sig to have them refinish it. But what do you guys think? I want something matt or satin finish black or grey. I need it to be tough enough to stand up to years of weather and holster wear. Plus it has to look good and do Sig justice. Price is no matter. What ideas do you guys have?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:38:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:34:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm thinking about BearCoat gray for my newest 1911, or Armor Tuff gray. Both are matte finishes.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:28:18 PM EDT
[#3]
You could get it bead blasted for a matte look. Take a look at the Colt Gunsite Pistol, that's a great stainless finish. Sig can Nitron a P220 ST for you. I think they charge about $200, so about the same as a normal DuraKote finish finish if done by a shop.

CCR refinishing, which advertises on SigForum has some sale going on. I think you can get the complete gun for under $150 if you call them before Jan. 31st. I'm not affiliated with them in any way, it's just a pretty good price for a refinishing job.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:44:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's a few options for you. I've used the APW and CCR and they do very good work. Tripp comes hightly recommended and who I will use next.

www.ccr-refinishing.com

www.apwcogan.com

http://www.trippresearch.com/coat/coat.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top