Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 7:19:20 AM EDT
I want something that is durable and accurate.  I will also carry this gun when it is cold.  I know both guns are great but just getting some opinions.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:38:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I can not comment too much on the Glock, as I do not own any, but I have had no problems with my Sig pistols (P220 and P229R-DAK); personally, I like the ability of the DAK (or any double action) to repeat strike in the event of a failure to fire... not possible with the Glock mechanism.

-tjg
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Good point.  I have a 220 .45 now and shoot it well so I will probably end up getting the SIG just because they are such good guns.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I do not have any experience with the Sig 226.  I can say that the glock 34 is very easy to shoot well and is 100% reliable.  I used my 34 for IDPA for a period of about 6 weeks during a hectic month.  It went through atleast 600 rds without cleaning and never had any kind of malfunction.  Hope it helps.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:20:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I much prefer the Sig 226. The DAK is a little long but very smooth. Also consider which feels better in your hand. For some reason Most Glocks do not fit my hand very well.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:56:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I will say get the DAK.  I own a 229R DAK and can not stop loving this pistol.  The constant trigger pull is sweet, better that I had expected.  Now I am true DAK believer... Yo won´t regret it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#6]
You were right about the DAK.  Ever since I brought mine home I can't leave it alone.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:10:41 PM EDT
[#7]
From personal experience I can say that the Glock will work well past 50K with nothing more than $15 in springs and some plastic parts, but I can't say that about a SIG.  YMMV.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top