Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2005 10:28:39 AM EDT
There are used police trade-in 40 cal P229's here

http://aimsurplus.com/acatalog/sig229.gif

Police Trade-in Sig Sauer P229 .40sw Pistol

Item#SigP229/40
Police Trade-in Sig Sauer Compact Model P229 .40sw Pistols. Very-good to Excellent Condition.
Features:
Night Sights
Black Stainless Steel Slide
3-Factory Sig High Capacity Magazines
Incredible Value!

Price:   $429.95

Is this a good deal?

Does anyone have experience with these P229's?

Any input would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:05:38 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

aimsurplus.com/acatalog/sig229.gif

Item#SigP229/40
Police Trade-in Sig Sauer Compact Model P229 .40sw Pistols. Very-good to Excellent Condition.
Features:
Night Sights
Incredible Value!

Is this a good deal?

Not bad but  CDNNinvesments.com has them cheaper. Cop trade ins are a great deal. Usually just holster wear and qual usage if that. Can't go wrong, Sigs are excellent pistols. I have a P220 and P239. They were both used and have never skipped  a  beat after thousands of rounds of mine.

Go to CDDN and download their PDF catalog, to see their SIG trade in offerings.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:43:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Item#SigP229/40
Features:
Night Sights
Incredible Value!

Is this a good deal?

Not bad but  CDNNinvesments.com has them cheaper. Cop trade ins are a great deal. Usually just holster wear and qual usage if that. Can't go wrong, Sigs are excellent pistols. I have a P220 and P239. They were both used and have never skipped  a  beat after thousands of rounds of mine.

Thanks for the info.

The CDNN Sigs are cheaper, but they charge $10 extra for night sights and come with 1 mag instead of 3. Also, AIM's hand pick fee is $10 as opposed to CDNN's $20.

AIM hand picks 1 from 5. I did not see how many CDNN chooses from.

Who is better to do business with, CDNN or AIM?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:03:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Item#SigP229/40
Features:
Night Sights
Incredible Value!

Is this a good deal?

Thanks for the info.

The CDNN Sigs are cheaper, but they charge $10 extra for night sights and come with 1 mag instead of 3. Also, AIM's hand pick fee is $10 as opposed to CDNN's $20.

AIM hand picks 1 from 5. I did not see how many CDNN chooses from.

Who is better to do business with, CDNN or AIM?

CDNN is great, but I have heard AIM is very good too. Probably a wash.  Sounds like AIM might have the edge.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:30:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Ordnance Outsellers

Little more expensive, but it's worth it. From what I hear, the CPO's tend to be in better shape than CDNN's if that matters. James is great people to deal with.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:06:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ordnance Outsellers

Little more expensive, but it's worth it. From what I hear, the CPO's tend to be in better shape than CDNN's if that matters. James is great people to deal with.

+1

OO is awesome. I happened to order during a time when they were upgrading their computer or something, so they had to write down my order the "old fashioned way." Because of this, it took them a week or two longer to get it to me. When I called, James was kind enough to immediately offer to install FREE NIGHT SIGHTS on my CPO 229! Can't beat that!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top