Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 4:01:37 PM EDT
Considering buying one tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had experiences,good or bad, with them. Appreciate any help, thanks.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:00:58 AM EDT
[#1]
We issue them and get mixed complaints.  They all seem to be about how they fit so see if you can shoot one 1st.  Most of the complaints are also because they would rather carry their own choice of handgun.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I love my  2009. Nothing bad at all to say about it. Hands down its my favorite handgun Plus you cant beat the price
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:55:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:58:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually it kicks alot because the bore axis is ridiculously high.  I don't see what purpose the "Sig Pro" serves, unless it's to satisfy the same market as the Porsche Boxster, the BMW 318, and the Mercedes C-Coupe; giving people who can't afford the real thing an option of at least owning the name.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:09:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I hate to say it, seeing as how I even have SIG in my name here, but this whole
Sig Pro series was a bad idea I think.  

I tried a couple but I just never saw the point. They didn't fit my hand well
or shoot particularly well, probably because of the funny feel.

Find a place to rent one before you buy, just to make sure you are OK with
the way it sits in your hand.

Personally I could never get used to them.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:46:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Have heard nothing but praise on the Pro. Mine functions flawlessly, is as accurate as any of my other Sigs. The rail problem can be easily solved, there is an adapter to change it to normal size so you don't have to use Sig lights.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:10:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Actually it kicks alot because the bore axis is ridiculously high.  I don't see what purpose the "Sig Pro" serves, unless it's to satisfy the same market as the Porsche Boxster, the BMW 318, and the Mercedes C-Coupe; giving people who can't afford the real thing an option of at least owning the name.

Can't this be said of most Sigs?  Beretta 92s, 1911s, and Glocks all have lower bore axis than any Sig.  This is not a Sig bash.  My bud bought a Sig Pro in 357 Sig and I thought it felt great and shot great, not to mention it was very affordable.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:25:31 PM EDT
[#8]
No problems at all with my Sig 2009. Good shooter and light weight.
Lot's of SigPro bashers cause a Sig has to be all metal and a polymer Sig is a Glock, god forbid.
I also own all metal Sigs and Glocks and I like them too.
If it feels good in your hand go for it. Mine only came with one set of grips and others come with a extra set. It's offered like this on certain models only per the SIG phone call I made trying to weasel a pair of free grips.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:09:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, I got the 2340 the day after I posted this and I couldn't be happier!! It came with one grip only (it fit very well too) and two LE only mags, and all the usual things that new guns come with. The price was $389 and I think it was well worth it. Took it to the range the next day and it shot very good. Put 94 rds. thru it with NO MALFUNCTIONS whatsoever!!! Accurate also. I later found out that you can convert this to .357 sig and 9mm also. I have a feeling this is gonna be one of my favorites.
Anyone lead me to a good place to buy conversion bbls.? Thanks also for all the input.
Exnavarm
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:08:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Well, I got the 2340 the day after I posted this and I couldn't be happier!! It came with one grip only (it fit very well too) and two LE only mags, and all the usual things that new guns come with. The price was $389 and I think it was well worth it. Took it to the range the next day and it shot very good. Put 94 rds. thru it with NO MALFUNCTIONS whatsoever!!! Accurate also. I later found out that you can convert this to .357 sig and 9mm also. I have a feeling this is gonna be one of my favorites.
Anyone lead me to a good place to buy conversion bbls.? Thanks also for all the input.
Exnavarm

convert to .357 yes but 9mm? that's new to me cause that would require changing the slide in addition to the barrel
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:54:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Exnavarm

convert to .357 yes but 9mm? that's new to me cause that would require changing the slide in addition to the barrel

I belive I read it on the Sigarms website, I hope I'm not wrong. I have to check it out again.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:55:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I belive I read it on the Sigarms website, I hope I'm not wrong. I have to check it out again.

Take a 9mm bullet and look at your slide.  Think about it logically, look at your extractor.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:18:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Take a 9mm bullet and look at your slide.  Think about it logically, look at your extractor.

www.efkfiredragon.com/products.php?cat=37

My bad, this is where I found it. As you can see, they do make them. Probably do need a slide swap, but i can't find info on it anywhere.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:29:30 PM EDT
[#14]
www.praxagora.com/lunde/SigProFAQ/

ETA:  I love my 2340 in 357 Sig.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:34:22 AM EDT
[#15]
www.praxagora.com/lunde/SigProFAQ/I/6.html

Just scroll down a little bit
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:57:07 AM EDT
[#16]
The 2340 is interchangeable from .357 to .40 with a simple barrel swap. But it will not accomodate the 9MM barrel with out a full slide swap. Also before you do that, you'll need to call SIg and confirm that the frame you have will fit the slide.. Sig made a change somewhere along the road and it will work if you have a frame produced after a specific date. All you ned to do is call Sig and verify. But do not put anything 9MM into the 2340 until you've confirmed it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I have one in .357 Sig I bought on a total impulse buy for a hair under $400 NIB. I must say I was completely suprised how much I like it. I could not be happier with it. I fell its a very underrrated gun.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:18:48 PM EDT
[#19]
If you own a Sig Pro/2340, you ARE a Sig owner, don't let anyone tell you different. The Sig Pro is a solid SIG through and through, don't let the cheap price tag fool you. I had a 2340 and I loved it, but sold it to buy my 229. There are times that I regret selling it. The single action trigger pull was awesome, and the double action was pretty good, too. Great ergonomics, lightweight, beyond reasonable price. Just be forewarned that the disassembly is not like a "regular" sig, it's slightly more involved (but no hard). In a fight to the death between a classic series sig and a sig pro, I'm not honestly sure who I'd put my money on.

The whole issue with the rail only being able to accept the SIG light/laser sight is a moot point, since you can either A) just buy a SP 2022, or B) just buy one of those $30 picattiny adaptors.

BTW, having owned a 2340 and a 229, I can tell you that there really isn't a huge difference in recoil. The 2340 kicks a little harder, but it's really not that much worse.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:11:25 AM EDT
[#20]
The SIG Pro is a lot of gun for the money. I own one, and while I prefer my P226 to the Pro. The Pro is every bit as much gun as the classic series. Very accurate, and light recoiling.
My only "complaint" is the feel of the decocker compared to the classic series, but other than that nothing. Buy - but don't pay too much. You should be able to get one <$400.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:03:34 PM EDT
[#21]
I paid $300 for a pretty much new SP2009. Great gun for the money. I don't see what people are complaining about. Mine has functioned flawlessly and has 2000+ rounds through it with zero malfunctions. The longest I went was about 500 rounds without cleaning it.

Also we'll see who rusts first, a P228 or a SP2009.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:12:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Barsto makes a semi drop in 9mm barrel for the .40/.357 Pro's.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:39:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Well I carry the 2340 at work evey day and I shoot great with it, I like the gun Not my first for persopnal sidearm but they gave it to me free so there.  My brother has the 357 sig 2340 and he loves it.  If you want a personal sidarm for CCW look at the 229 or 228.  I prefer 40 cal so you chose what you like.  Hope it helps.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:02:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top