Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2020 3:23:26 AM EDT
Neighbor is asking for advice on buying a new pistol for carrying, going to the range and maybe go to a class with me a few times.
He likes my G19 but after trying to carry it, said he wants something easier to conceal. The G26 is not comfortable for long range sessions and obviously not ideal for taking a 500 round class.
I suggested a P365 for EDC and a XL frame with some 15 round maga for range/ classes.
Is this something you Sig boys would feel comfortable with? Will he get booted/ laughed out of a class for running it instead of the glorious G19?
To be honest, I'm thinking of replacing my G26 with a P365 as well.
Guy is not a shooter and is not interested in adding lights or optics...which is why I didn't steer him to the XL.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 4:09:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Regular 365 with 15 rd extended mags for regular 365.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 6:13:42 AM EDT
[#2]
The 365 is the first sub-compact pistol I've tried that really "fits", and that I've actually enjoyed shooting. I use the 10rd mags with finger extension.

I had a 365XL and REALLY liked it, but I wanted a slightly shorter barrel for comfort while driving, so 365 it is.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 6:50:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I chose the xl for the longer grip and sight radius.  It's sized just right. Small enough to carry, big enough to shoot comfortably.

I carry owb at 3 o'clock and iwb at about 5 o'clock. I'll take the longer barrel every time.

I don't understand the obsession with long grips and short barrels.  If you need something that small, pocket guns are available.  I don't consider the 365 a pocket gun. I don't believe in mag extensions either.  I have bigger guns if I want more rounds.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 9:34:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I can appreciate what a Glock does and can do but the 365 is a great pistol on it's own merit. Much more concealable than a 26 and I don't need to add the extra back straps with the beaver tail for it to fit me.I had a G43 but I wanted something with more capacity without giving up size. A while back I swore I would never get a 365 but wound up trying one, as I couldn't find something small enough with a larger capacity that would fit me. To my amazement the 365 does all I want and more. I am really impressed at how well it handles and shoots. It handles like a bigger gun and recoil is not bad.

I don't think anyone will laugh at anyone shooting or carrying one of these. I have many people come up to me at the range and ask what I have and want to shoot it. Larger capacity mags are out there if you  want  them 12 or 15 round and I would not feel under gunned with a P365 at all. After the kinks were dealt with, Sig has a hit on their hands and more companies are trying to get into the market. I have to say I am really surprised Glock does not have anything like this, (the 26 is no where close to the 365), and instead they went on to develop a .22 pistol. While I have no problem with .22 pistols, the whole "revolutionary" marketing Glock did for the .22 was a let down to me. I figured they were going to do a compact pistol or something else. Like I said, Glock is a great gun and I have one but the P365 for a ccw or range gun is hard to beat in my opinion. If you can compare the 26 to the 365 on your own, like I did, you will be amazed at how compact and ergonomic the 365 is. The 26 will feel like a brick. I wound up selling my 26 because of it.

The only thing I didn't care for on the P365 are the heights of the sights. Sig does the "combat" height sights so a #6 in front and a #8 in the rear, so I shoot low with the pistol as it is now. I am going to swap out the sights for #8 for both front and rear as I prefer a standard sight set up.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 9:46:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I just switched from a S&W Shield to a P365XL. 12+1 is really nice for the size of the gun.

Before the shield I carried a G26, P365XL much more comfortable for carrying.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 10:49:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I went from a Shield M-F at work and a larger gun other times
to a 365 and then picked up an XL and carry either 7 days a week,
if you'll run a RDS the XL is pretty sweet if not and you
only want one, I'd take the P365, it's more versatile...
it's small enough to pocket and with the 12 or 15rd mags
disappears iwb (especially aiwb) and for me, shoots just
as well as the XL.
I still find a 4" gun easier to shoot but, quick solid A zone
hit's at 20 yd's with a gun that's as concealable and easy
to carry with 12+1 and a 15 rd reload is hard to leave in the safe.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#7]
365XL with Romeo0 for me
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I went from a G19 to a G26 to a P365 with the XL grip module for my primary carry. The pistol shoots like a bigger gun. I shoot it better than I ever shot my G19.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 6:23:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys. I think he's going to go ahead and get a regular P365 and an additional XL grip.
Still can't convince him that an AR is a necessity and not a nice to have...
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 5:34:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The 365 is the first sub-compact pistol I've tried that really "fits", and that I've actually enjoyed shooting. I use the 10rd mags with finger extension.

I had a 365XL and REALLY liked it, but I wanted a slightly shorter barrel for comfort while driving, so 365 it is.
View Quote
Can't you just swap out the grip module for the XL. Use an XL grip with the standard 365 slide?
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 9:01:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Can't you just swap out the grip module for the XL. Use an XL grip with the standard 365 slide?
View Quote
Yup...
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 7:15:04 PM EDT
[#12]
The XL is a fine shooting pistol.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 12:01:18 AM EDT
[#13]
My carry gun has been a shield.  Tomorrow i upgrade to a 365 XL with the romeo.  I'm excited for the change.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 1:11:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My carry gun has been a shield.  Tomorrow i upgrade to a 365 XL with the romeo.  I'm excited for the change.
View Quote
I have  Romeo0 on backorder for mine, can't wait.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 1:34:45 AM EDT
[#15]
I really like the 365 xl with the 15 Rd mag. If he hasn't already have him look at the 43x/48. They have 15 Rd flush fit mags for them now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 10:57:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yup...
View Quote
Just to add the obvious, you will need the XL mags for the XL grip module.

Anyone have any pics of the XL frame on the standard slide for comparison?
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:54:38 AM EDT
[#17]
You can just change the base plate's on the 12 and 15rd mag's,
from 365 to XL or vice versa
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 5:12:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Anyone have any pics of the XL frame on the standard slide for comparison?
View Quote
This is my new EDC setup - I like the size and weight versus my P220.  This is with the 12 round magazine and XL baseplate.

Link Posted: 2/21/2020 9:52:09 PM EDT
[#19]
To me the 365XL is better than the 365 in that the XL comes standard with the XRay night sights. They are head and shoulders above the regular Sig Lite’s.

I’ve got a Romeo 0 on mine  now but you can see the big green dot.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:22:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
To me the 365XL is better than the 365 in that the XL comes standard with the XRay night sights. They are head and shoulders above the regular Sig Lite’s.
View Quote
The P365 also has the XRay sights.  I like the XL grip, but wanted the shorter slide to more easily conceal in business casual dress.  I ended up purchasing the P365 and the XL grip module.   With the magazines I spent more than I would have than if I just purchased the XL, but I'm not putting an optic on the pistol and the shorter slide is worth it to me.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 5:59:09 PM EDT
[#21]

This little thing has just about replaced all of my compact guns for carry. With a 12 round mag in the gun and one in my pocket, I am confident enough in my abilities that 25 rounds will be able to get me out of most trouble aside from the russians crossing the bearing straight. I messed up and put a DPP on my 320, and now it's got me wanting to put a red dot on every gun. I'm fixen to order a romeo zero and have this milled for it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 4:10:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for all the input folks.
So now it's between the G43x and the P365xl and their non X variants. I like the ability to switch out the frames on the Sig...but he wants the glock now. Sigh...guess tomorrow is rental range day...
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 7:17:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I chose the xl for the longer grip and sight radius.  It's sized just right. Small enough to carry, big enough to shoot comfortably.

I carry owb at 3 o'clock and iwb at about 5 o'clock. I'll take the longer barrel every time.

I don't understand the obsession with long grips and short barrels
.  If you need something that small, pocket guns are available.  I don't consider the 365 a pocket gun. I don't believe in mag extensions either.  I have bigger guns if I want more rounds.
View Quote
+1 on that!

Shield was my EDC but the new Sig 365XL just took over that duty.  This thing can shoot -

30 yds off hand with S&B 115 gr FMJ

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top