Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2014 8:04:36 AM EDT
Was really looking for an E2, and had forgotten that there even was a SAO. Picked it up, and it was everything I could want in a Sig, and works like my beloved 1911s . Now, I have to shop for a holster, and wait patiently for mine to arrive.

Been a little while since my last Sig, so just wondering if there is something specific I should know, or be made aware of.

Is it wrong that I'm thinking of hard chroming the slide?

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:29:18 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Was really looking for an E2, and had forgotten that there even was a SAO. Picked it up, and it was everything I could want in a Sig, and works like my beloved 1911s . Now, I have to shop for a holster, and wait patiently for mine to arrive.

View Quote

Been a little while since my last Sig, so just wondering if there is something specific I should know, or be made aware of.

Is it wrong that I'm thinking of hard chroming the slide?

If it's like mine it works a bit better than your 1911 - can you work the slide with the safety ON?

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:53:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't have it in my hands yet, ordering one. I just can't justify spending an additional $188 when I don't have to.

Interesting about the slide; I hadn't heard of that.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:56:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
so just wondering if there is something specific I should know, or be made aware of.

View Quote

Yes, you should know that you're now going to need a LOT more ammo, because you're REALLY going to like your 226 SAO

ETA: Blade-Tech makes OWB holsters for the 226 SAO
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:19:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes, you should know that you're now going to need a LOT more ammo, because you're REALLY going to like your 226 SAO

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
so just wondering if there is something specific I should know, or be made aware of.

They have been out of stock lately...........but have not looked in a couple of weeks....
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:27:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the P220 SAO and I shoot my 1911's with my thumb riding on the safety. If I do this with the Sig, my thumb holds down the slide stop.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:17:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 220 Carry SAO and ended up milling the right side safety off. I found that the way I carried with my rig, if I bumped into anything I would knock the right side safety into fire position. After I milled it flush the problem stopped.

If the ambi safety is important to you make sure your holster covers the safety on both sides.

After I milled the right side off I sent the whole gun to CCR refinishing in house black. It's really a beautiful gun and the finish still looks new after many rounds and lots of carry.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:53:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Is there any reason I should avoid steel cased ammo in it?
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:25:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

No
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:29:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dont tell Sig as it would void the warranty if they find out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top