Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2012 9:24:49 AM EDT
Just picked up my first Sig Sauer in a trade for a RIA 1911 GI.  

Its a SP2022 in 9mm.  Love how it fits my hand and the trigger feels very smooth.

Hopefully I'll get out to the range tomorrow to see how it shoots but so far I'm very pleased with my first Sig.

Quick Iphone picture of it:

Link Posted: 8/14/2012 10:16:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice! I have the SP2022 in .40 and its a great shooter!! if your are looking for a great price on magazines CDNN is a place to check out on the weekend. $15 for a magazine is what i got.

safe shoooting!
Link Posted: 8/14/2012 10:49:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Very nice! I have the SP2022 in .40 and its a great shooter!! if your are looking for a great price on magazines CDNN is a place to check out on the weekend. $15 for a magazine is what i got.

safe shoooting!

Thanks for the tip.  I currently have 3 15 round magazines and 1 10 round, so a holster is my next "must have" buy for it.  I will need more magazines eventually though, so I'll keep them in mind.
Link Posted: 8/14/2012 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#3]
As far as holsters go, anything for the Springfield xd 4" will fit the 2022.
Link Posted: 8/14/2012 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I wanted one bad over my G19.
Link Posted: 8/14/2012 1:09:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
As far as holsters go, anything for the Springfield xd 4" will fit the 2022.

Cool, good to know!  

Seems info on this model of Sig is pretty lacking online, so that's helpful.
Link Posted: 8/14/2012 1:10:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I wanted one bad over my G19.

A G19 is my current EDC.  Depending on how much I like this gun at the range tomorrow, it may be replacing it once I get a holster for it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2012 10:55:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Took the 2022 to the range today.

Shot great, fed everything from brass to steel cased, 115, 124 and 147 grain without an issue.  

Loved the trigger, soft recoil impulse, over all a very nice shooting gun.

At the end just for a comparison test I decided to run the "Mozambique drill" from low ready at 10 yards with both guns, decocking the 2022 at the end of every 3 round drill to make it more realistic and to get some DA/SA transition work in.  

My second shot with the Sig was usually lower on the target than the first, but all the head shots were good hits.  I think I just need some more time with the gun, and the DA to SA transition was causing my second shot to pull a little low.   I didn't have that problem with the Glock, but I also have a lot more trigger time with my G19.

To summarize, other than a user error causing low hits with my second torso shot, the gun performed wonderfully.

It shoots softer and has a nicer trigger than my glock.  

As soon as I can find a decent holster for it, it may well replace the G19 as my EDC.  

Link Posted: 8/15/2012 11:08:49 AM EDT
[#8]
That gun is the best value in the Sig line up IMO.  I still ike the classic P-series guns but that gun for the price is one of the best SD handguns out there and a still well kept secret.  

The 250 series IMO is an abortion to the SIG name.  The Sig 2022, 2009 and Pro series in its many evolutions are great little guns.  

Congrats.
Link Posted: 8/15/2012 11:27:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That gun is the best value in the Sig line up IMO.  I still ike the classic P-series guns but that gun for the price is one of the best SD handguns out there and a still well kept secret.  

The 250 series IMO is an abortion to the SIG name.  The Sig 2022, 2009 and Pro series in its many evolutions are great little guns.  

Congrats.

I haven't had a chance to shoot any other Sig, so I can't really compare it to them.

On its price level though, I can't honestly think of a gun that has it beat in quality or trigger.  I love this thing already and we've only been on 1 date.
Link Posted: 8/15/2012 3:01:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I just picked one up myself. I've yet to shoot it but it feels great in my hands and on the superficial side, looks awesome.  I was torn between this and a G19, but with everything I've been reading about the issues with new glocks I didn't want to risk investing in that gun only to have to send it off or buy a fix for it.  My local store even admitted that he's had several customers bring g19s back with problems.

Besides, he included SIG's CPL-RM attachable pistol laser for free and sold it to me for $399 brand new, I couldn't pass it up .  I can't wait to shoot it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2012 5:11:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just picked one up myself. I've yet to shoot it but it feels great in my hands and on the superficial side, looks awesome.  I was torn between this and a G19, but with everything I've been reading about the issues with new glocks I didn't want to risk investing in that gun only to have to send it off or buy a fix for it.  My local store even admitted that he's had several customers bring g19s back with problems.

Besides, he included SIG's CPL-RM attachable pistol laser for free and sold it to me for $399 brand new, I couldn't pass it up .  I can't wait to shoot it.

Congrats!  My G19 is actually a Gen4 that's been flawless.

Nice score on the  laser, and congrats on your Sig as well.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 5:49:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Mec Gar makes 20rd mags for them also

For a holster look at Zero Concealment Systems

Link Posted: 8/21/2012 11:02:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thanks for the tip!  I've never tried a minimalist holster before, kind of tempted to pick one up for the Sig and see how I like them.
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 6:20:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I just bought a SP2022, also.  It's my 9th Sig.  It's  a really impressive gun, especially given its price point.

Link Posted: 8/21/2012 6:35:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm gonna have to puck one of these up at some point. Just got my 229 working, love it!

Love the Sig!

I got a CrossBreed holster for it, really like it. Look at those and MTAC as well.
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 9:09:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I just bought a SP2022, also.  It's my 9th Sig.  It's  a really impressive gun, especially given its price point.

Congrats on yours as well.  I agree 100% about how impressive it is for the price.  Best $400 gun I've ever used or shot.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:53:02 AM EDT
[#17]
i'm dying to hold one.  my g19 will probably go bye bye this fall.
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 6:45:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congrats on yours as well.  I agree 100% about how impressive it is for the price.  Best $400 gun I've ever used or shot.  

Agree 100% , shot mine Tue,very impressed with the pistol.
Only had it 2 weeks, but cannot put it away,feels great.
Paid $400 OTD

Oh, i've had several used Sigs,first new one,and it shoots as good as my German 226 did.
Link Posted: 8/31/2012 11:20:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My first Sig was a SP2022 9mm and I was so impressed with it after my first range session I went straight and picked up a P226 Elite. I carry the SP2022 in a Crossbreed during the colder months.

Link Posted: 8/31/2012 7:40:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Might trade in genII G19 for one.

Played with a buddies today, loved it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 6:21:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

We related?  I'm trading my gen 2 G19 for one.
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We related?  I'm trading my gen 2 G19 for one.

Oh shit, you guys better be careful, the Glock crowd will string you up!

This will be my next pistol.
Link Posted: 9/22/2012 8:13:17 AM EDT
[#23]
I have a SP2022 in 9mm that has been my carry gun for over 2 years. Two years and over 5000 rounds later it still functions flawlessly. I have recommended it to anyone looking for a solid carry gun at a great price.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 5:49:38 AM EDT
[#24]
I have a number of classic Sig pistols.  The 226 is my favorite (although I just shot my 220 and it shot very very well) but I love my 2022 in 9mm and I'm puzzled why more folks don't have them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 6:02:16 AM EDT
[#25]
I got mine in 40 about 3 years ago and it's been my favorite HG. Superb accuracy, great ergonomics, fantastic reliability and its light. I carry mine exclusively in a Crossbreed Supertuck.
I like my buddies G19, but I cannot get over the lack of a real safety, an the DA/SA setup of the SIG can't be beat.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 7:24:39 AM EDT
[#26]
I have several SIG PRO SP 2340s and really like them.  I'd like to get a 2022 to round out the caliber range and get a 9mm.   Has anyone compared the 2340 and the 2022 to see how comparable they are?  I can see that the 2022 has a rail, but are there any other differences.   2340 frames were made in Switzerland.  2022 frames made in Exeter.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 8:25:09 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm tempted to get one, but not into DA.

hows the SA pull?

think they can DAK this?
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 9:12:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Link to a good holster deal

The link above is for the new Crossbreed style holster I just picked up for my SP2022, $35, plus FREE shipping. I should be recieving it in the next day or two. This guy has holsters to fit both the older round trigger guard & the newer squared trigger guard, same price. This has been one of the very few drawbacks to the SP pistols, the lack of decent holsters, but this appears to finally becoming less of an issue. Other than that, I love mine & carry it very frequently, though I have been using my HK USP/c holster to do it.

Mag carrier link here.

I also came across this mag carrier, which is carried horizontally on the belt, thats fits the mags perfectly, though it's a bit more money, being a Safariland product. I have never had any issue with Safariland, other than the expense.

Hope this is of some help & enjoy your pistol!

This pistol has one of the nicest out of the box triggers, both SA & DA, I have ever had the pleasure to use.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 1:04:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Anybody know why some say "Sig Pro" as opposed to "Sig Sauer" and what the differences were?   I thought there was only two variants, picatinny and non
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm tempted to get one, but not into DA.

hows the SA pull?

think they can DAK this?

SA pull is nice.  Frankly the DA isn' that bad either.  Its long, but smooth.

I'm not much of a DA/SA guy either (1911s and Glocks were my main handguns before the Sig) and it hasn't taken much practice to adjust to it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 1:51:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Ordered two "bare bones" holsters from them, 1 for my SP2022 and 1 for my Glock 19.

The Glock 19 one fits snugly and is going to work out nicely I think.

The SP2022 doesn't fit very well.  When I was trying it out (with an unloaded gun, of course), it fell out of the holster onto the ground.  

I guess I'm going to try to reshape the kydex a bit and see if I can get a tighter fit.  Wondering if maybe I should have gone with a different holster for it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 2:56:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Anybody know why some say "Sig Pro" as opposed to "Sig Sauer" and what the differences were?   I thought there was only two variants, picatinny and non

The 2022 comes with two grips, one big and one smaller.  One grip says Sig Sauer on it, the other says Sig Pro.  So depending on which grip you have on the gun, it may say Sig Sauer or Sig Pro.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 12:55:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ordered two "bare bones" holsters from them, 1 for my SP2022 and 1 for my Glock 19.

The Glock 19 one fits snugly and is going to work out nicely I think.

The SP2022 doesn't fit very well.  When I was trying it out (with an unloaded gun, of course), it fell out of the holster onto the ground.  

I guess I'm going to try to reshape the kydex a bit and see if I can get a tighter fit. Wondering if maybe I should have gone with a different holster for it.

Make sure that it's not the type of holster that needs the tension from the belt (once you're wearing it) to create a tighter fit on the gun.

Just FYI
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 1:24:26 PM EDT
[#34]
That's interesting.  My grips say Sig Sauer.  Just picked it up from PSA in July.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 1:26:53 PM EDT
[#35]
That's interesting.  My grips say Sig Sauer.  Just picked it up from PSA in July.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:06:14 PM EDT
[#36]
FYI guys a hammer spring from a P230/P232 will fit the Sigpro. The stock spring is 20#, I swapped it for a Wolff 17# and the trigger pull feels much lighter at least on the DA pull. There's a thread on Sigforums describing the swap, I am not the genius who discovered this. Just passing it along
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:10:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Sig released a new smaller backstrap marked Sig Sauer after an increase in the 2022's popularity and comes on the new models. I prefer the original small grip which would now be the medium. The large is nice for large hands but it makes it hard for me to reach the switch on my TLR-3
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 10:48:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Well with all this positive talk about these, I ended up picking one up the other day. My local gun store had them for $399 with sig rail mounted laser included. Still haven't gotten out to play with it yet. I couldn't really tell but, does it come with the SRT or a variation of it? I put one in on my 220 and love it a lot. Also I can definitely tell that the trigger pull in DA is a lot more stiff than on my 220. Even cocking the hammer back takes a bit more effort. So I'm thinking the reduced hammer spring upgrade is on the list. Other than that I can't wait to get out to the range with it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 8:22:44 AM EDT
[#39]
I picked one up locally this week as well. Made in Sept of 2011, has about 250 rounds through it.

The medium grip fits a bit loose on the right side of the gun (the side opposite the decock lever) and you can move it back and forth slightly with an audible clicking sound. The small grip doesn't do this.

Anyone else have this issue? I'm picking up another medium to see if I can get rid of the issue since it feels a little more comfortable with that size.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 2:55:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I picked one up locally this week as well. Made in Sept of 2011, has about 250 rounds through it.

The medium grip fits a bit loose on the right side of the gun (the side opposite the decock lever) and you can move it back and forth slightly with an audible clicking sound. The small grip doesn't do this.

Anyone else have this issue? I'm picking up another medium to see if I can get rid of the issue since it feels a little more comfortable with that size.

Haven't had that problem with either of my mediums. I have one each with and without the lanyard hole.

Mine is an older German made 2022. The small backstrap was very hard to get on and off while the others were easy.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 2:59:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Well with all this positive talk about these, I ended up picking one up the other day. My local gun store had them for $399 with sig rail mounted laser included. Still haven't gotten out to play with it yet. I couldn't really tell but, does it come with the SRT or a variation of it? I put one in on my 220 and love it a lot. Also I can definitely tell that the trigger pull in DA is a lot more stiff than on my 220. Even cocking the hammer back takes a bit more effort. So I'm thinking the reduced hammer spring upgrade is on the list. Other than that I can't wait to get out to the range with it.

Mine came with the short trigger but I swapped it out for the standard trigger which I like much better. The SA pull is so short to me. If yours looks skinner then you have the short trigger.

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 3:48:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haven't had that problem with either of my mediums. I have one each with and without the lanyard hole.

Mine is an older German made 2022. The small backstrap was very hard to get on and off while the others were easy.

The small one is much harder to remove on mine as well.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 4:05:13 PM EDT
[#43]
+1 on this pistol.  I have the Sig Pro and it is an awesome pistol.  Accuracy is great, ergos nice, DA/SA is nice.  The classics may have a little bit better trigger action, but daaang for the price, you can't beat it.

Agree on the negative press on the 250.....HORRIBLE offering...I can not believe it is still in production.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 6:02:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Yeah, just checked the trigger is on the thin side. Looks like the same size trigger I have on my 220. I don't mind the short pull, the DA pull could be lightened though.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 6:09:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Yeah, just checked the trigger is on the thin side. Looks like the same size trigger I have on my 220. I don't mind the short pull, the DA pull could be lightened though.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 2:30:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

After swapping the hammer spring the DA pull feels the most changed to me. Don't have a guage but the thread on sigforums showed somewhere in the 7# range.

I bought the springs from Midwayusa for about $10 but looks like they are sold out
link
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Well I can always drive a short distance to top gun supply and see if they have anything in stock. If not I'll just shoot it as is and wait till they come back in stock. Thanks for the info by the way.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Well I can always drive a short distance to top gun supply and see if they have anything in stock. If not I'll just shoot it as is and wait till they come back in stock. Thanks for the info by the way.

That is dangerous
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 3:10:35 AM EDT
[#49]
I own one in 9mm, great pistol!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top