Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2012 7:39:30 PM EDT
ANyone have a X5 tactical? Feedback , review?
Link Posted: 4/8/2012 11:26:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump fer ya... Because I want one!
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Bump for info on the X-5 Tactical. I have been interested in this gun for a while
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to have one and it was very reliable with a good trigger. It was also bigger than my 2011 so it went to a new home.

If you like 226's it's a good choice provided you can find one for a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 4/21/2012 9:09:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I love mine!  I bought it because I wanted a SAO P226.

Pros:
Runs like a raped ape.  I can do a mag dump at 10 yards and keep every round in a paper plate (with some practice).
Very accurate.  This is the most accurate pistol I own.
Trigger is awesome.
Good ergonomics.  The pistol points very well for me, and is well balanced.  The controls are very natural for me.

Cons:
Holster availability.  Blade tech makes a holster, and I have a safariland 6005 on order that I'm hoping will let me run my X-Five with a x300 light for classes.  It looks like this is improving now that safariland will make them.

I have heard of stubborn extractor issues online, but I have not experienced them myself.  I know as of 2010 a new extractor was in the works and Bruce Gray was working on a solution for the problem pistols as well.  This is of course "Internet knowledge" as my X-Five tactical has run like a top from day one. Due to that, I haven't researched whether or not those with problems found permanent solutions. I'm considering buying a second myself as the round count on my first one climbs.

Here are my pics that I've whored out a bit:

18 round mag at 10 yards slow fire:
Link Posted: 4/21/2012 1:12:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Caboose314,

Thanks for the reply and info! How many rounds do you currently have through your X-5 Tactical?
Link Posted: 4/21/2012 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Caboose314,

Thanks for the reply and info! How many rounds do you currently have through your X-5 Tactical?

Just 5,650 so far.  No stoppages except for a couple I had with a bad mag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top