Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2011 8:01:45 PM EDT
Love my 229 in .40 but when I shoot thumbs high, as is generally recommended, the edge of the grip digs into my thumb by the web of my hand. Shooting one handed when the thumb is wrapped around the grip causes no problem. I was debating between getting the E2 conversion offered by Sig or a set of G10's just to slim up the grip a bit. Price is about equal after the shipping to and from Sig for the conversion.

I have found a place online that seems to sell the enhancement kit for $50 but I'm not sure how hard it is to install or if there are any Sig gunsmiths around who could do it for me. Could I do this myself? I built my AR no problem and have replaced numerous parts on my 1911 myself.

Thoughts?

jlk
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 9:11:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought the P229E2 I had felt damn comfortable.
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 9:17:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, you can install the E2 kit yourself and it's very easy to do.  Here are the instructions:  E2 kit instructions  GT Distributors have the best price on E2 kits,

I have both the E2 grip and the Hogue G10's.  The E2 grips are much shorter front to back and slightly narrower in width compared to the standard grips.  The Hogue G10's are not shorter front to back, but are narrower than both the E2 and standard grips.
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 4:06:36 AM EDT
[#3]
That is exactly the information I was looking for.  I appreciate it.

jlk
Link Posted: 7/25/2011 11:13:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Installation is fairly easy.  Most difficult part is installing the hammer strut.  Just make sure you place the new hammer strut as far back as possible.  Also pay attention when sliding the grips on that you don't unhook the trigger bar spring on the right side of the grip.  The E2 grips feel great!

I got my grips from GT for my 226 and 228.  GT is good to go.

I needed the new shorter mainspring and purchased those from topgunsupply.com.

Aloha
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 11:10:38 AM EDT
[#5]
To get the right fit you also need a new style trigger bar spring.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top