Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2010 9:54:46 AM EDT
I purchased a Glock 30SF a few months ago and have noticed something while shooting it.  I'd say 50-75% of the brass ejected hits me in the top of the head or on the bill of my cap.  Heck a couple times I've been hit in the nose and shooting glasses.

This is my first Glock, am I doing something wrong?

So far with about 500rds through it I really like it, and its strangely accurate for me.
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 12:29:02 PM EDT
[#1]
is this you?

Link Posted: 8/11/2010 1:03:54 PM EDT
[#2]
HAHA! Not quite that Thugnificient.

I do have a little cant to the left due to being right handed/left eye dominant, but its no more than 10 degrees.
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine will do that if my grip is to loose.
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 5:32:52 PM EDT
[#4]
May not be used to the short fat grip?  I find that if I relax my grip that I get a few that bounce closer to me.  Have you shot it with a 13rnd mag and does it do the same?  Have you looked at the brass to see if it hit anything on the slide when ejected.  Found guy at the local shoot'n hole and I was picking up his brass from a small 1911 that all had dents on the case mouth.  Dents went away when he changed his grip. (less work for me and his groups improved)
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I noticed on a Youtube video, a guy was getting plunked in the head with shells from his G30. Maybe thats what they do.
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#6]
set a bowl on your head and you can save time collecting empties...
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 3:56:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Have you tried different ammo?  I've found different loads eject in different directions...but it's probably still grip related .
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 4:21:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Have you tried different ammo?  I've found different loads eject in different directions...but it's probably still grip related .

I think this is the answer. Same think happened when I FIRST started using my G30. Brass would go right over my head and occasionally hit me on top. With a firmer wrist/grip it hasn't occurred since.
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 6:08:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Extend your chi.
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 9:07:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, happens to me on my G30 with PMC 230 FMJ, not with WWB (haven't shot that in a while). Then there are the casings that clear my head but drop down the back of my neck into my T-shirt (as it gaps up with my arms outstretched) and sizzle
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 2:23:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Perhaps swapping out the extractor for one of a different angle will change that ejection angle.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:07:11 AM EDT
[#12]
I've been having this problem with my g30 and 34. Never with my 26 though. I'm not a new shooter and have had formal training - grip is firm and rock solid. Shots are dead on, but the darn brass is kicking my bitt. Have had four other shooters have the same thing happen with these guns. Might be too weak ammo?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Shot mine today and had some brass clunk on my head.  Blazer Brass gets me the most where WWB ejects perfectly to the right and back.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:50:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Perhaps swapping out the extractor for one of a different angle will change that ejection angle.

And where does one find one of these "different angle extractors"?

It's probably the ammo.  I get a head full of brass every time I shoot Academy's Monarch ammo out of my Glocks.  Everything else is fine.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:55:18 PM EDT
[#15]
this is one of those situations you can analyze to death- bottom line if the gun works -ejecting and feeding- leave it alone changing parts could invite a problem instead of a solution. when I shoot I am so focused at the task at hand I could not tell you where the brass hits me- when I am done shooting I will have some stray grease marks from cases hitting me but don't notice while shooting
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:29:14 AM EDT
[#16]
tried some Federal bulk (250/box) 230 FMJ last night- no casings on the head this time
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:18:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
this is one of those situations you can analyze to death- bottom line if the gun works -ejecting and feeding- leave it alone changing parts could invite a problem instead of a solution. when I shoot I am so focused at the task at hand I could not tell you where the brass hits me- when I am done shooting I will have some stray grease marks from cases hitting me but don't notice while shooting

If I grab my gun at 0 Dark 30 and have to use it, I'd prefer I don't have to pick brass out of my eye socket. Right now, I'm thinking it's lower pressured ammo.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top