Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2009 10:10:04 PM EDT
Is Glock the only company that changes the followers every few years?  I got a bunch of new G22 mags with #6 followers and have to buy #8 followers to ensure proper function.   What should I do?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:43:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I have lots of mismatch followers never had issues.  Glock probably through research and customer feed back finds a better design and it evolves to increase function but the olders one are not bad by any means.  Changing followers nothing is wrong with that but if the ones you have give you 0 issue why?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:53:36 AM EDT
[#2]
if it ain't broke, dont fix it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#3]
No need to update followers unless you're having trouble. I'm still running 9mm1 folowers on some G19 range mags and never had an issue.

The #6's for the .40 are fine. I did hear of some issues with the #7's but have no other info. The #8's which are current for the .40 ar fine as well.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 11:24:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Indeed OP, no need to change followers if you're not having any problems at this time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top