Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2009 7:24:44 PM EDT
I am thinking of picking up a 22lr conversion for my glock 17.  COuld anyone point me in the right direction.  My wants are as follows.

1. I would like to put truglo sights on it (Like my gun has).  
2. Threaded Barrel for suppressor.
3. I doubt this but will any of the kits work with my lasermax?

Thanks
Ralph
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 8:50:08 PM EDT
[#1]
The only one worth having IMHO is the Advantage Arms kit. Whatever you do, AVOID CIENER LIKE THE SWINE FLU !!! The sights are the same as the OEM Glock sights, so can be changed. Suppressor requires an adapter and some gunsmithing, as the barrel is rather thin. Othyers may be able to recommend an gunsmith to do this. Lasermax - probably not.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:40:32 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 for the Advantage Arms conversion.  Very accurate with the right ammo and light weight.  Get the conversion wiith the adjustable sights and not the fixed sights.  griffy
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 1:46:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:34:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The only one worth having IMHO is the Advantage Arms kit. Whatever you do, AVOID CIENER LIKE THE SWINE FLU !!! The sights are the same as the OEM Glock sights, so can be changed. Suppressor requires an adapter and some gunsmithing, as the barrel is rather thin. Othyers may be able to recommend an gunsmith to do this. Lasermax - probably not.

+1
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:44:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Go with the Advantage Arms kit i picked up the "LE" model. Take the factory sights off an replace'm with the one you like best. I put the heinie slant pros on mine.
Was telling a friend at the range about the Adv. kit because he loves to shoot an loves his glocks. He told me a horror story about his ciener and their lack of service for his kit. He never tried another.
How well does it work? I shot the recommended 550pk golden bullet (remington) when i was out the other day.  That kit/gun (put it on my G35 frame since i dont use it as much). RAN LIKE A FAT CHICKs CREDIT CARD THROUGH THE BUFFET REGISTER!! Or like a felon from a hungry malinois.anyways....good stuff get one!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#6]
ADVANTAGE ARMS

end of thread
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 11:49:19 PM EDT
[#7]
wish my damn AA kit would get here, i ordered it what seems like 15yrs ago
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:29:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
ADVANTAGE ARMS

end of thread

"So say we all"
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:25:17 AM EDT
[#9]
A couple Friends of mine have Ciener conversion kits for Glocks.  After messing with them off and on for a couple of years I think we've figured out what to do to get them to work.  We always had trouble with Failure to fire regardless of ammo.  The root causes was the failure of the slide to close completely and problems with the firing pin design.  The pistol rarely failed to extract and were probably more accurate than the  AA kits.  I still like the AA kit a lot better but considering its almost impossible to find AA kits we've been letting people use the Ciener kits when they visit our range.  If anyone has a Ciener Glock kit and is having trouble shoot me an E-mail and I might be able to help you get your kit to work.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top