Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2003 12:09:09 PM EDT
I just received a new Glock 19 from Santa.  On the leading edge section of the aft end of the barrel assembly, the part that is visible at the forward edge of the slide cutout (on top), it appears to be slightly beveled on the forward eighth of an inch.  Is this normal?  With just 15 or 20 rounds the finish is worn off that area.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 12:57:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just received a new Glock 19 from Santa.  On the leading edge section of the aft end of the barrel assembly, the part that is visible at the forward edge of the slide cutout (on top), it appears to be slightly beveled on the forward eighth of an inch.  Is this normal?  With just 15 or 20 rounds the finish is worn off that area.  

Are you talking about the "step"? On my 19 the finish is worn along the edge about the thickness of a credit card.

Pictures would help. If you don't have a way to put them on the internet you can email them to me at [email protected]

Jamie
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 1:22:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I interpret the step to mean a definite right angle step down from the area that is flush with the top.  On my gun there is a slight beveled area, beveled at a slight angle, then a step down.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Just looked at the 19 again, it is square on the front, but beveled on the sides.

Jamie
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 2:04:01 PM EDT
[#4]
That's what I thought.  I'm going out to another gun shop to check out another 19.  I have a feeling this one might have been salvaged from a reject bin.  It does shoot fine, but if I ever resell it someone's going to notice the bevel toward the front.  Also, by then all of the finish will be worn off in that area.  Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 2:13:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That's what I thought.  I'm going out to another gun shop to check out another 19.  I have a feeling this one might have been salvaged from a reject bin.  It does shoot fine, but if I ever resell it someone's going to notice the bevel toward the front.  Also, by then all of the finish will be worn off in that area.  Thanks for your help.

Good idea! Let me know, kinda curious.

Jamie
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 4:09:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Just back from the gun shop (Galyans).  Their new Glock 19 appeared identical to mine.  The front area was very slightly beveled.  It's not nearly like the side, which might be about a 45 degree angle.  But, since theirs is the same, I'm thinking this might be normal.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 4:23:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Newer G19s have the bevel. It is normal.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds good. My gun might have enough rounds thru it that the bevel may not be as noticeable.

Jamie
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top