Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2003 1:13:11 PM EDT
I just purchased a G23 with 6 10Rd. magazines new unfired pre- finger grooves and rail from a private party (paid $560.00). Was this a good deal considering no tax and no transfer required?

Also, the box has a CFKxxxUS serial number that is crossed out with a CLxxxUS number handwritten underneath. The frame has the CFK number and the slide and barrel have the CLT number. Can anyone offer an explaination of this? The man I purchased from said it was bought new and unfired just sitting in his safe. I have no doubt he is telling the truth since the condition of the pistol is unfired.
My long time G19 has the frame, slide and barrel all matching numbers. Could the G23 be a transitional model? What year of manufacture would the CFK and CLT put it?

Thanks for any help.

Dave
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:23:13 PM EDT
[#1]
CLF would be late 97 or early 98. CYT would be late 98 or early 99. I seriously doubt he is telling the truth.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:32:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably a factory rebuild.

A used 23 in AZ is about $400 with two ten round mags. New 10 round mags can be had for $16 each at the shows.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 9:39:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Dave;

I bought my 23 in 1996, all my #'s start with BVY, all match, and all end with US.  My guess would also be a factory rebuild.  Don't dwell on what you paid, rather, appreciate the fact you have a fantastic firearm.  If it is a rebuild, it's as good as new.

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top