Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2003 8:55:19 PM EDT
i have a glock 36 i love the gun it fits every need i have.
but i have one reliability issue and the only issue that i have had to date after a few hundred rounds.
when you try and chamber a round by hand into the chamber sumtimes the bullit will jam into the feed ramp.
there will be a cut mark on the nose of the bullit from the sharp ramp.
this has only happend when you drop the catch for the second clip to feed the round .
or chamber by hand.
if you rufe house the action fast and hard no problems.
and somtimes it works perfect .
what gives i thought glock if anyone could make a reliable compact 45.
i have only used hollow points to date here is what i have used.
winchester silvertip 185 grain hp
winchester hp 185 grain std.
hydrashoch 230 grains
black talens old stock i have.
i have had no reliability problems when shooting only hand chambering or quick feeding with the catch....

any clues or am i alone ??
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 10:38:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Your post is damn hard to understand. Let me see if I understand you correctly.

Sounds like your trying to load one in the pipe. Your trying to do this by hand feeding into the chamber and then dropping the slide. If this is the case, stop doing this. It is real hard on your extractor. If fact examine your extractor, you might of beat it up pretty good.

The best way to do this is to chamber a round from a magazine, remove the mag, and reload it with another round (aka barney round).
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 5:01:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you taken your mags apart and cleaned them? If so, check to be sure the spring is correctly inserted...high end toward the front. Another clue for this is if the slide does not lock back after the last round is fired. The nose of the bullet needs to be in a slightly upward position in order to feed correctly from a locked to the rear slide by hitting the slide catch or...better with the Glock...pulling back on the slide and letting go. When the magazine is inserted with the slide forward, the rearward motion of the slide as it is pulled to the rear helps to "tip" the nose of the bullet slightly upwards prior to the "feed stroke" of it returning to its' forward position. Same as when shooting it.

Also, do not try and "baby" the slide. Gently/slowly manipulating it is not at all like the way the pistol was designed to operate and really tells you very little. The fact that there are no problems while shooting is a plus.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 5:12:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 1:32:50 PM EDT
[#4]
One other question..do you have an extra +1 magazine extension on your magazines? I had both kinds of +1 extensions on my g36 magazines and had similar problems.. as it was my back up gun this caused a little bit of concern. I solved the problem by replacing the magazine springs with Wolfe +10% power springs..

I'm in agreement with the other guys.. never baby the slide on any semi auto pistol, handgun or shotgun.. just let the slide/bolt slam home. That's how they were designed to work.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I have just got a 21. Out of about 150 rounds I had two rounds  misfeed as well. Does anyone think it could be to new mags. The springs are really stiif and difficult to load 10 rounds. Does this go away after the mags are broke in?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:02:39 AM EDT
[#6]
All the glock 10 rounders are a bitch to load... it's something with the 10 round design..

Try keeping them loaded for a while to break them in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top