Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2006 11:46:36 AM EDT
I have had my Glock 22 since 1992 and it has only jammed on me one time.  About 2 years ago while qualifying and it was my fault.  

I had a wind breaker on and during one hand tatical shooting section of the course I got my gun too close to my body.  The wind breaker caught up on the slide and did not let it close fully.  I 'reacted' yanked the gun up to my chest (tore a hole in my wind breaker) TAPPED the bottom of the magizine, RACKED the slide back, and FIRED.  Still got off all my shots.

This is the only time my G22 has jammed on me.  Just a testament to how reliable they are.

I also have had a G17 since 1996 and it also has jammed on me, once.  Again it was my fault. About 2am one night I heard my dogs outside my bedroom window fighting something I grabbed my flashlight, and my G17, (G22 is in my office in the duty holster) I went outside and there was an armadillo having a bad time with my dogs.  Well this stupid armadillo is running right to me as my feet step off my back deck.  I had time to shoot with my pistol upside down in my right hand pointing about 3/4's the way behind me.  I felt the 'limp wrist' and that caused the failure to feed.

Anyway just had to brag about my Glocks.

ps G27 has not jammed yet........... it's waiting for me to buger up something I guess.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:19:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had my G17 jam on me once, but I was limpwristing.  

G26 hasn't failed me yet.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:38:30 PM EDT
[#2]
My G19 is at almost 30K with no malfunctions.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:45:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I had my 31 jam when I was shooting left hand barricade on our qual.  For whatever reason, if you try to feed the open action of the pistol a corner of the barricade, it causes a malfunction.  Obviously a design flaw.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:41:58 PM EDT
[#4]
i've only fired a glock once. There was one extraction problem. I don't know. I hear about how reliable they are and all that and then there is a problem with the fourth round I fire. Might be the ammo? Sorry to hijack the thread some but are they tempermental when it comes to ammo. I was firing 115 gr S&B apparently brass jacketed. Still really thinking about a glock.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:42:23 AM EDT
[#5]
The only malfunctions I have ever experienced have been double feeds with CCI/Blazer ammo.  So, I just don't use the aluminum cased CCI/Blazer anymore and no problems.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:41:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had a G23 since 2004 and I've put over 1000+ rounds through mine with only one malfunction which was ammo related. WWB 165 grain failed to fire even with a  clean primer strike.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Eventually every gun I own will malfunction. I have two Glocks that have not yet, but their time will come. I have two others that malfunctioned during competitions, and have seen a few others malfunction during competitions as well as during casual range times.

Now I also have a couple of Ruger .22 autos (completely stock) that have never malfunctioned. Ain’t that odd?  But I’m sure their time will come too. After all, these are manmade mechanical devices and don’t care how big your ego is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top