Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 6:11:33 PM EDT
Is $18 a fair price for the extended release installed?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#1]
yes
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:18:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:58:31 AM EDT
[#3]
IMHO the one pictured below is most likely the best one ever built. They go on all my Glocks.

Linky pic
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:21:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I never knew there was another extended slidestop other thasn the one Glock makes.  I have the extended Glock one and it is better than the stock one but I really like the one that D.Hineline linked to it looks just like the one on the S&W Sigma I used to have and I really liked that one alot.

I can't beleive I never saw that before, thanks for the info guys
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#5]
The Glock extended slide release is the least expensive, and you KNOW it works because it is stock on the G34. Eveything else looks cool but is also easily 2-3x the price of the stock stop. Also, once your pistol starts to get broken in, slapping in a new mag hard enough will cause the slide to chamber the next cartridge without touching the release.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:42:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Not to highjack.... but

Why would you need an extended slide release?  I've never had an instructor that advocated making a habit of using the slide release because fine motor skills are diminished under the stress of a defensive shooting.

The only thing I use my slide release for is to lock the slide back on an empty pistol.  And since this is generally an administrative function, a fancy aftermarket release is not needed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top