Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2005 2:59:53 PM EDT
I wanted to know if the 20c is a mistake and should I get the 20. This has been covered with a G19 and G19c but there is obviously a big difference between the 10mm and 9mm.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:48:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Get the "C". If for some reason you don't like it or you decide you want it for CCW you can always drop in a factory non-ported barrel, then you will have both models.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:14:20 AM EDT
[#2]
If it is intended to be a defensive gun, get the regular glock.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:37:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:49:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Get the "C". If for some reason you don't like it or you decide you want it for CCW you can always drop in a factory non-ported barrel, then you will have both models.

Sounds like a good idea
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:38:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

what makes you say this? I am plan on putting a surefire on it so the "loss of night vision" is not really going to matter when 125 lumens are blaring.

I have shot a 19c and found that the flip to be really light, that is one of the main things that turned me on to the Cs. But from reading the threads here it seems that Cs mostly get bad reviews.

And another reason that I am going to get the C is cause I want my wife to fire it and I figure it would be easier for her, as the 10mm has quite a punch. I have never fired a 10mm is it similar to a G21( that I have shot) Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:43:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm not concerned about the flash.  Quality defensive ammo should contain flash supressant which will make it a moot point.  I am concerned about shooting from close retention.  When shooting from pectoral index you're blowing hot gasses and grit straight up into your face and eyes.  Muzzle blast will also be pronounced in confined spaces.

As for your wife, learn to manage the recoil or get a lighter kicking round
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:52:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Does the "C" diminish ballistics?
Say down to a forty cal? Educate me
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:56:14 PM EDT
[#8]
get some doubletap 10mm ammo. You won't be sorry
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

ya I heard about them on some other glock threads, they must be doing something right to have people keep on referring them
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:15:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ya I heard about them on some other glock threads, they must be doing something right to have people keep on referring them

quality ammo and their 10mm ammo is the real thing, not downloaded sissy crap
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:05:38 AM EDT
[#11]
No real difference in ballistics with the C, but i still don't recommend it for a combat piece.

Double tap is 10mm loaded to original specs.  It's hot.  If your wife can't handle it there's no shame going with a lighter loading.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:13:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have shot a 19c and found that the flip to be really light, that is one of the main things that turned me on to the Cs. But from reading the threads here it seems that Cs mostly get bad reviews.

The only negs I have seen are from folks that have never even fired a C model. All these tales of "blinding you at night," horseshit. My CZ52 kicks up more flare than any of my Cs, and I can still shoot that one with zero issue at night.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:03:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
No real difference in ballistics with the C, but i still don't recommend it for a combat piece.

Double tap is 10mm loaded to original specs.  It's hot.  If your wife can't handle it there's no shame going with a lighter loading.

I assume that you are reffering to the practice ammo
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:47:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I assume that you are reffering to the practice ammo

I also have some commercial store bought defensive ammo that is not so harsh in recoil, of course it's down loaded but very accurate too
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top