Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2021 3:17:37 PM EDT
Currently, looking for a green frame Glock 17. Earlier in the year, I thought a saw a few places with BFG 17 Gen 5 for sale.  Lipsey’s has Gray and FDE frames it appears. I have been looking on gunbroker but prices are pretty high. I fine with waiting, but does anyone have an idea of how long I would have to wait.. From what I have read, the color frames are special runs? Any insight, would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:21:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Colored frame Glocks are distributor exclusives, so it would depend on which distributor orders that color and if they have an open order. Unfortunately, i can't remember off the top of my head which distributor it is. I do also vaguely remember a rumor that Glock wasn't going to do anymore colored frames, but I may be mistaken
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:24:30 PM EDT
[#2]
A quick online search shows that Nagel's Gun Shop has them in stock for the low price of $729
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Possibly.. cheaper would be better but prices are what they are today. Thus, why I was wondering about production runs.. also Glock 44 in a Gray frame would be nice (I have not seen any colored 44 as I recall).
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:09:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Colored frame Glocks are distributor exclusives, so it would depend on which distributor orders that color and if they have an open order.
View Quote

That's the more common way they're offered, but Glock has also offered factory colored frames themselves, like the 2017 Summer Special OD green release. I'm holding out hope for a 2021 run of OD green Gen 5 pistols, but I know that's unlikely.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:23:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, they are running the 35th anniversary in the US.. So maybe something special in the cards..
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:09:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I think grabagun was selling a blue G45 recently.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:41:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Was hoping for more molded frame colors from Glock also, I'm not a big fan of all the distributor exclusives that are cere coated.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:11:06 PM EDT
[#8]
https://glockcollector.info/2017/10/15/glock-factory-colors-and-finishes-vs-aftermarket/
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:31:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I've always wondered about Glock's thought process with releasing the ODG and FDE Gen 5 and 33-round magazines back in 2018. At the time, I figured that was an indication that they were going to be producing those colored frames in the near future, and while Lipsey's has distributed FDE Gen 5 guns, Glock hasn't done any in ODG. Maybe they got a lot of requests for colored mags after people saw the 19X.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:58:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I was hoping for the new colors also when I saw the mags, bought a bunch of FDE  and OD green, oh well maybe soon.....
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:14:57 AM EDT
[#11]
It's too bad their od green is more like od brown.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:30:35 AM EDT
[#12]
If you find one, get one.

Bitching about one being a few bucks overpriced makes no sense.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:51:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's too bad their od green is more like od brown.
View Quote

I guess it depends,  because I have two FDE and an OD G17 and If you lay them all out next to one another you'd be guessing if you had to pick which one is which due to the very slight color variations between the three.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:00:57 AM EDT
[#14]
I have an OD green P80, and the glock OD mags look brown when inserted. They certainly are not green.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:07:13 PM EDT
[#15]
How does Magpul OD compare to Glock OD or Glock BFG?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:12:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If you find one, get one.

Bitching about one being a few bucks overpriced makes no sense.
View Quote
Pretty much. I wanted a gray 19.5 MOS and found one online for $730 shipped and didn't have to pay a transfer fee. I didn't need it, just wanted a gray gun for once. Based on the lowest prices I could find online were in the $620ish range plus shipping and of course, none were actually in stock. So during the panic of all panics I paid less than $100 more than I "should have" for a gun I wanted. I'm OK with that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top