Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2021 2:00:03 AM EDT
Hey guys if you remember me I had previously posted about failure to feed on my p80 , I found out why and let me say this. turned out its the barrel !!
Do NOT order this barrel. I used this barrel on my new p80 and it would not fire correctly. I took my handgun to the gunsmith twice and he concluded that the barrel was the problem, he discovered the feed ramp was not properly polished enough from this manufacturer. The gunsmith knew the firing issues on my p80 were caused from this barrel because he temporarily put in a different barrel and it fired perfectly. He was thankfully able to fix my issue by sanding down the feed ramp and repolishing it. Also my friend ordered the same barrel in gold and he had the same issue so that’s how I know mine didn’t happen to be defective by chance. I purchased this product because of Tactical Toolbox’s review which I now believe was just a sponsored review that lacks honesty. To anyone reading this I suggest saving some of your money by getting a OEM barrel and have a gun smith cerakote it which should only cost you about $75. (thats what my gun smith charges to cerakote a Glock barrel) I hope this review helps prevent you guys from having to go through the same hassle I did to get my handgun to fire properly.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:22:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you ever contact the manufacture?  Did you even give them the opportunity to make it right?  If you are just getting into the guns hobby this is absolutely the worst and wrong way to go about leaving a "review".  Your review has no objectivity and just sounds like you are trying to get back at them.  You never note if you gave them the opportunity to make it right or if they have a batch of barrels that had gone out which were out of spec or who knows.  You second mistake was listening to a guntuber without doing your own research into what you were buying.  Not trying to be hard on you but you are new here and you should not just make a post blasting a company without even contacting them or giving them the opportunity to resolve the issue.  Many companies when they find out they have a problem will go back and check if they released something bad so if people call in they can address it and shit new ones or fix what you got.  I had this issue with Ghost when I bought a new rail they had released.  The upper pic rail and top of the rail did not align properly and the rail was way out of spec.  I contacted them with pictures of what happened and they had me send in the rail.  They saw it was way out of spec and sent me a brand new one.  This is how companies improve their product if they want to keep customers they bend over backwards to resolve issues when they arise.  Just read your post and think about the company did they do this on purpose or could it be a bad batch?  Now without even giving them to opportunity to fix this issue you have put out a bad review out on the internet.  What if that was your business and you employed 20 or 30 people really wanting to make good product and build your name up?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:30:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Well first of all I’m not going to send anything back because it took over 5 weeks in the mail to get the damn barrel, and if I'm going to send it back how long am I going to have to wait until it gets to them and back to me? Another 12 weeks ? AND it’s not a cheap barrel thats why I'm pissed it cost $210, and yeah guy I did my research and most "youtubers" said it’s the PERFECT barrel. I would like to think if they charge this much for a damn barrel they should not have a bad batch. I could be wrong but even the gun smith said it, the barrel is the most basic part of the gun how did they get it out spec?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:49:23 AM EDT
[#3]
No way Im reading all that but I will say I've had dozens of aftermarket Glock barrels and now I only use OEM. Forget the cerakote and run it. :) Enjoy!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:36:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well first of all I’m not going to send anything back because it took over 5 weeks in the mail to get the damn barrel, and if I'm going to send it back how long am I going to have to wait until it gets to them and back to me? Another 12 weeks ? AND it’s not a cheap barrel thats why I'm pissed it cost $210, and yeah guy I did my research and most "youtubers" said it’s the PERFECT barrel. I would like to think if they charge this much for a damn barrel they should not have a bad batch. I could be wrong but even the gun smith said it, the barrel is the most basic part of the gun how did they get it out spec?
View Quote

No way I would pay 210 for a barrel and not contact the manufacturer if I had a problem. Getting things through the usps prior to christmas was a clusterfuck for sure. Things have settled down now, and things have been moving faster.
The barrels are made by humans, and the last time I checked, humans are capable of making mistakes. The good thing is reputable companies have no problems correcting mistakes, and making things right.
So how much did you pay the gunsmith to fix the problem with the barrel that the company you bought it from would have most likely fixed for free? You need to add that to the cost of your barrel.
Edit for company warranty:
Warranty Info

We warranty our parts for life. This warranty covers the operation and function of the part itself and protects it from any operational defects or failure of operation (due to design or materials) forever. We warranty against defects of the coatings/finish of the part prior to install. Once a part is installed we cannot/will not warranty any coating, finish, or cosmetic attribute. We do not warranty parts that are damaged or become inoperable due to intentional abuse or improper modification of the part. Please inspect and bring to our attention any cosmetic defect before installation. We try to describe our finishes and their attributes as accurately as possible on our Coatings and Finishes info page. We cannot guarantee any amount of wear protection as we cannot control conditions of their use. Any issue regarding finishes is reviewed on a case by case basis and is not covered under the warranty and returns policy after installation or use. We make NO guarantee of the cosmetic appearance of any part. Please contact us with any questions about our warranty.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:08:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Believe it or not I'm still waiting on parts to arrive through USPS, I ended up buying them from a local gun shop lol. That’s one of the reasons that made me decide not to  contact the manufacturer because I knew they would tell me to send it to them and god knows how many weeks it would take to get to them and then get the part back to me! I didn’t want to wait months.
I paid the gun smith $20, labor+ammo. I get it us humans make mistakes but it’s not a piece of junk LOL like I didn't get it from eBay it’s a well known company..
lesson learned OEM all the way if im ever building one in the future.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:16:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine works just fine.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:03:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Believe it or not I'm still waiting on parts to arrive through USPS, I ended up buying them from a local gun shop lol. That’s one of the reasons that made me decide not to  contact the manufacturer because I knew they would tell me to send it to them and god knows how many weeks it would take to get to them and then get the part back to me! I didn’t want to wait months.
I paid the gun smith $20, labor+ammo. I get it us humans make mistakes but it’s not a piece of junk LOL like I didn't get it from eBay it’s a well known company..
lesson learned OEM all the way if im ever building one in the future.
View Quote

I am ordering and getting things within a week from across the country. Not sure why your shipping times are so slow. So ebay parts are junk and you can expect them to be bad, with lots of mistakes, but well known company will be mistake free?
I bought a Wilson Combat G19 barrel off ebay, got it in 5 days, and it works flawlessly. Paid less than half what you did for yours, but it is stainless, not plated. You should at least let the company know you had issues with the barrel, so they can check to see if it is something they need to correct in future runs.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:25:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I am ordering and getting things within a week from across the country. Not sure why your shipping times are so slow. So ebay parts are junk and you can expect them to be bad, with lots of mistakes, but well known company will be mistake free?
I bought a Wilson Combat G19 barrel off ebay, got it in 5 days, and it works flawlessly. Paid less than half what you did for yours, but it is stainless, not plated. You should at least let the company know you had issues with the barrel, so they can check to see if it is something they need to correct in future runs.
View Quote

This.
Everyone puts out a lemon, Its going to happen. You have to at least let the company try and make it right before bashing them on the internet.
And yes heres a shocker.... its going to take time for them to get it, test it, and see whats wrong with it.. then contact OP and send it back or replace it.
This is why companies have warranties in case something makes it past QC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top