Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2021 9:30:14 PM EDT
Just for gigs, anyone running a G17 slide on a G45 frame, kinda a pseudo Glock 47 type setup?

If you do.....help a brother out, post pics?

Trying to justify buying a G17 Gen 5 to do this
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:40:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Lone Wolf makes a slide adapter just for this sort of thing.  

https://www.lonewolfdist.com/lwd-sa4-4
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:24:28 AM EDT
[#2]
A G45 with a G17 slide would have the same external dimensions as a G17. You would require an adapter and the one linked in FP os for Gen4 so it might not work. There is no advantage vs. Just buy a G17.

The G45 comes with a slide that is identical to the G19.5 slide.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:31:46 AM EDT
[#3]
A 17 slide on a 45 fame uses the shorter recoil spring and is a disadvantage in every way to the longer 17 spring.  

I think it’s a stupid idea in every conceivable way but everyone seems to want it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:01:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A 17 slide on a 45 fame uses the shorter recoil spring and is a disadvantage in every way to the longer 17 spring.  

I think it’s a stupid idea in every conceivable way but everyone seems to want it.
View Quote

But why?

I could maybe see a 17 or 34 slide on a 19 frame. I can lock my grip in better on the 19 frame, and the longer barrel gives more velocity, along with the longer sight radius for people who need that. OTOH I can clear the shorter barrel out of any holster that would be appropriate for USPSA Production, Carry Optic, or any IDPA divsion, significantly faster. I wouldn't even consider putting a longer slide on my gun unless I was trying to shoot in USPSA open, in which case I wouldn't shoot with a Glock at all.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:57:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

But why?

I could maybe see a 17 or 34 slide on a 19 frame. I can lock my grip in better on the 19 frame, and the longer barrel gives more velocity, along with the longer sight radius for people who need that. OTOH I can clear the shorter barrel out of any holster that would be appropriate for USPSA Production, Carry Optic, or any IDPA divsion, significantly faster. I wouldn't even consider putting a longer slide on my gun unless I was trying to shoot in USPSA open, in which case I wouldn't shoot with a Glock at all.
View Quote

1. Because I don’t want a long slide Glock 19, I want what’s closest to a Glock 47

2. I already have a Glock 45, thus why I was asking. I want to use the frame I already have, “just get a Glock 17” doesn’t help me

3. It’s cheaper to buy a slide and barrel, than have to purchase a whole new gun.

4. I want that shorter dust cover look while still having the benefits of a G17

If people think it’s a stupid idea, then that’s fine, but it’s popular for a reason. I’m not someone who needs super deep appendix conceal, nor am I using it for that purpose. I already carry a Glock 45 fine.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:38:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

1. Because I don’t want a long slide Glock 19, I want what’s closest to a Glock 47

2. I already have a Glock 45, thus why I was asking. I want to use the frame I already have, “just get a Glock 17” doesn’t help me

3. It’s cheaper to buy a slide and barrel, than have to purchase a whole new gun.

4. I want that shorter dust cover look while still having the benefits of a G17

If people think it’s a stupid idea, then that’s fine, but it’s popular for a reason. I’m not someone who needs super deep appendix conceal, nor am I using it for that purpose. I already carry a Glock 45 fine.
View Quote

Not to be "that guy" but, if it was that popular, you would have had people posting pictures by now.

I'm guessing most people just ended up buying a G17 Gen 5 because they didn't want to take the extra steps to essentially build a G17 Gen 5. I know the dust cover is shorter, but is there really any benefit to it? Especially since you have to add a piece to cover the gap.

If you are dead set on doing it, maybe someone makes an aftermarket G19 Gen 5 long slide? That way you would have to use the add in piece. If not, a complete slide is gonna run probably $400-$500.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:25:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I know you are wanting a Gen 5 Glock, but the best solution I have found is using the Polymer 80 940CL frame. It has the grip length of the G19 and uses G17/22 or G34/35 slides

Edited for posting the wrong info.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:30:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I know you are wanting a Gen 5 Glock, but the best solution I have found is using the Polymer 80 940CL frame. It has the grip length of the G19 and uses G17/22 or G34/35 slides

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/101824/CL_with_Kingslayer_jpg-1782927.JPG
View Quote

The Glock 45 has a full height frame like the 17, so this isn't what he is looking for.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:20:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The Glock 45 has a full height frame like the 17, so this isn't what he is looking for.
View Quote
My mistake.

So yes a Gen 5 G17 slide would work since Glock changed the barrel locking lugs so that they are now the same as on the G19 barrels. And it will use the G17 recoil spring assembly but will have an open gap at the front of the slide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top