Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 10:37:11 PM EDT
The last couple of times I went to the range I had about 3 or 4 miss fires. I pulled the trigger and nothing happened, there was a dent on the primer. Im not sure what type of ammo I was using.  Im going to get some good ammo and go to the range next week to see if that was the problem.  Do you guys think it was the ammo or the gun?

Jason
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:54:11 PM EDT
[#1]
If there was a dent in the primer I would say it was the ammo.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:08:08 AM EDT
[#2]
How clean is the gun?  Maybe there is some crud in the firing pin channel.  It should be DRY (as in no oil).
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:13:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Every year or three, I stripe the slide on my glock, I know they will still run, but I think it s a good idea to clean, inspect and oil the firing pin channel and give the extractor and whole slide a good cleaning. JMHO
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:58:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top